A1 Recall ……

I sent in a request for the new bed with the $120 credit at the store. I have checked on the status, but the reply was go to the reseller to get a refund. I don’t want to buy another printer because of the difference in cost. I want the bed. Has anyone got the bed yet?

Another 2 days pass & no response on my ticket, I just keep resending every 24 hours.

Did get mail shot from BL today about discount filament though, pity I haven’t got my voucher to be able to purchase some :wink:

Hi all bro,i reinstall a1 heatbed and got another problem error code 0300800b, mean my cutter not work normal, however the cutter is at good condition,can anyone help me

Ah…The motor had seized up and the printer had restarted after attempting to print a 3D file…Which it is after the firmware update. And I doubt it was the firmware.

It has been several years since the announcement of the recall… no word from anyone on when it will come, at this point, hope seems lost, just like us, desperately clinging onto what scraps we can find, some useful, other’s empty words. empty words, it’s all we seem to be getting from the higher-ups, how much longer can we wait, how much longer can we last, only time will tell. But seriously, what the heck Bambu, If you can’t ship it to me in the east cost within a month of the predicted time, why do you even make predictions? It’s ok to not know everything, I mean, look at Boeng, they made some mistakes that caused far worse incidents to occur.

Most support systems shift you to the back of the queue if you update/create new. Not sure if that is the case with bambus, but continually sending tickets only makes your response time and everyone elses longer as they have to weed through the mess so to speak. Sending repeated support tickets will not get you a faster response. You are probably sabotaging yourself, but please continue, don’t forget to complain more on how long they take to respond as you add more and more tickets. LOL

2 Likes

Ha!

I’m not adding more and more tickets as you say, I’m just replying to the one single open ticket.

Thanks for your helpful input :wink:

also, without my printer, I can’t test my models. I can’t test my models, I can’t post them. no posts, no credits or people looking at them. no credits, no kits. no kits, no happiness. no people looking for my models, no booster tickets. no booster tickets, no repaying those whose models I used. no repaying model creators, lots of guilt. lots of guilt, lots of misfortune. lots of misfortune and no happiness, no life. no life, then death. (Sorry, that got grim a little quick) But what I’m saying is I need that part to resume being a model uploader/transferer/creator, which is stuff I like and if I don’t have stuff I like, I get sad :cry: :slightly_frowning_face: :frowning_face: :disappointed_relieved:

My turn around after pics was two working days for the email of expectance they another two for the voucher.

I got it, however i have another problem,after i installit

Thanks for the info.

It has been almost a week now for me & my ticket still says:

Your ticket has been successfully submitted. The support team will review and respond as soon as possible

HA! as if. “soon” is within the next year for bambu.

1 Like

Ok, it turns out I have Z axis failure. The helper claimed there was something loose on the Z axis motor. So could be wrong about the firmware update.

I had found out one of the Z axis wires had been stripped.

Wow! Was it pinched or rubbed against something?

1 Like

I guess so. I am going to need a replacement. Is the A1 Mini compatible with the regular A1?

Sorry i don’t own any of those printers. Someone who does will chime in shortly.

2 Likes

Yeah, the motor itself is fine. Just the wire itself…

I didn’t get such email. However, I’ve received my bed, proceeded with the replacement, sent the photos requested, received the email that is all okay and I would receive another email with the voucher. Voucher (129EUR) received and spent in the shop already. No certification or anything else sent, as I said from the start that this is not mandatory in the EU yet.

1 Like

So when I updated my support ticket, stating that if I’d have known I’d have to fork out money to get the machine certified I would have just returned it, BambuLab gave me this response:

First of all, we sincerely apologize for the unexpected information provided to EU customers. However, please rest assured that regardless of the specific requirements, we will make every effort to alleviate the burden and assist A1 users throughout the process, taking responsibility for the recall.
Here is a brief explanation:
When we announced the comprehensive recall on February 4th, with a sense of responsibility towards our A1 users, we promptly initiated a voluntary recall and provided what we believed to be reasonable options for users to choose from, to avoid any risk concerns and provide the quickest solutions to everyone. We have to admit that, at that time, we did not have enough time to carefully study the specific regulatory requirements in various regions, and we failed to provide specific instructions tailored to users in different regions. At that time, we only mentioned in the official blog that in some countries, due to regulations, this self-replacement of the bed by the customer may not be an option.
During this optimization period, we have been dedicating our efforts to both technical improvements and testing validation of the heatbeds. Additionally, we are actively seeking legal compliance advice regarding the recall in relevant regions. Our goal is to complete the recall in a lawful and compliant manner, ensuring the protection of users’ safety and legitimate interests.
Based on the professional legal opinion and comprehensive evaluations, we have the obligation to truthfully inform European users about the inspection requirements of the machine after repair due to the requirements of the EU EN50678 standard (General procedure for verifying the effectiveness of the protective measures of electrical equipment after repair) or any applicable local equivalent standard.
In short, the EU EN50678 standard aims to ensure that the essential protective measures continue to function after a repair. For the A1 heatbed replacement scheme, the crucial point is to ensure that the heatbed power wires, electrical wire insulation and the yellow-green ground wire, which serve as a protective measure, are correctly reconnected. Therefore, as a corporation, it is our duty to ensure that the relevant procedures are carried out effectively. This is also the rationale behind our request for you to take photographs.
Additionally, we would like to explain that we encourage users to take three key photos during the replacement process, of the aforementioned locations. This will give us an opportunity to assist in confirming the correct procedure for the entire replacement process, thereby avoiding any unforeseen issues or risks in future usage.
If you are unsure whether your cable connections are correct, we are here to provide continuous assistance. We have urgently sought out institutions with the appropriate qualifications to help everyone.
Please rest assured that all related expenses will be covered by us, and the promised new heatbed and corresponding discount code will be sent to the customers.
Let us know your decision on this matter.

It feels like a cut-and-paste response, so I’m not sure if anyone else received this, but the area I marked in bold intrigues me here; are they saying they will cover the cost of getting the machine tested and certified? If so, this wasn’t even addressed in the 2nd e-mail.
I haven’t decided yet whether to replace the heated myself or send the entire machine back to BambuLab for a new machine with it fitted, I’m consulting someone with more experience before making my decision, but this entire ordreal has put me off buying further machines from them (or, at least, not without waiting a year for the bugs to be ironed out).