Maybe people bought it knowing it’s in beta and they want to test and be ready for the official release. Not sure why you keep trying to make this an issue. It’s not.
it would be nice if bambulab would release the beta firmware to the public for download and install offline so that those who wish to install it immediately have the option.
No one is shocked and no one said, that it’s not working. There’s no problem with it, because the most know, that they will use it, if available. And so to buy the hardware is no problem. And like me, we are waiting for this feature since the announcement. ![]()
We don’t know, if there are problems with this firmware and that’s why they hold it back. But I’m surprised that no one has gotten this version until now.
Just received the new AMS hub (from the BL website shop) and mounted it with the printed part. Still waiting for the Beta firmware download. Should have signed for the Beta before. Yes! would love it if the firmware was immediately available.
Interesting thing is that the AMS2Pro ‘works’ with the A1 Mini and Hub (cycles and reads each reel) but the A1 doesn’t know what it’s saying… Just need the firmware to actually use it properly.
Just a thought re: Beta firmware availability; maybe they are wrestling with some firmware issues and don’t want to send it out until they are resolved. Does anyone know how to see the Beta Firmware Issues status?
I had an AMS lite a year ago and wasted a couple of weeks making and modifying enclosure alternatives as no filament dryness control was the killer for me once I got past using PLA. AMS and now AMS2 just work; Ya, they are $$ but what is your time worth?
I have the AMS HT and an A1. Do I still need the hub? It seems it’s for the AMS. What do I need to buy to make it work?
More like selective facts. EU is known to have poor filament stock or out of stock all the time. Who cares.
In my case the AMS Lite has major benefits because not all cardboard spools are the best and it’s split between poor shipping & handling sometimes the manufacturers also.
It’s a nice support ability to have since you’re going against Bambu Lab directions when you insert cardboard spools in any AMS enclosed system.
With that said, I still believe the full spectrum of their statement when announcing the new AMS 2 Pro/ -HT and the ability of being compatible with all printers was massively downplayed similar to (apple inc.) approach towards battery life, apple intelligence etc.
“Yes compatible with all printers.”
“Requires additional purchase & shipping”
“Feature only works with AMS enclosed Systems”
“Will not work in tandem with AMS Lite and there’s no plans for this in the future”
I’ll simply continue using what I’ve been doing since my hype was destroyed by pressure upgrades in order to experience better/newer capabilities on older tech.
If I buy a physical product, I have every right to be able to use it immediately — or at the very least, it’s absolutely unacceptable that I can’t use it due to restrictions imposed by the manufacturer.
I’m not a beta tester, I’m a consumer. When a product hits the market, everything required for it to work must already be available.
It’s absolutely not a fair system — it’s unacceptable that some consumers are allowed to use the product while others aren’t.
My money is worth exactly the same as anyone else’s.
If you weren’t confident about the firmware, you should have first run a closed beta, as any serious company would be expected to do.
So, not only have you been late in bringing it to market, but now we also have to wait either for the beta firmware phase to end, or for some lucky few to decide to release the beta firmware to us as well.
Give the beta to everyone — and do it soon.
What is selective about that fact?
You say selective and provide no explanation as to why or how you believe it is selective. In what context, I spoke of stock levels in a single territory, what is selective ably that!
This maybe true, but being from the U.K. I would likely know about what affects my purchases. This is not a selfish view, it is related one.
That said, there are far less people sharing that position on this forum. In this same conversation, the only ones complaining about a lack of stock are those in the U.K. those in Europe stated they had no such issues. I also checked every region and stated such, the U.K. was and is the only one without this stock.
Me for one, plus the others who shared the same thoughts.
Those without stock level issues would likely care less of course, I say of course while knowing you likely do not understand.
Personally I am very disappointed that we cannot use the AMS Lite together with AMS1/2/HT. I won’t buy a AMS2 only for the drying functionnality and let my AMSLite being a piece of obsolete tech. There is no hardware limitation to that, this could easly be done. they just don’t want it.
There is.
The A series printers use the motors in the head to pull the filament and the AMS Lite (according to BL) isn’t involved during printing.
All the other printers use a combination of the head motors and those in the AMS.
The new buffer was designed to mitigate the difference.
With that in mind, a better conclusion would be…
They could have designed the buffer to achieve both goals.
Hey, today i got my A1-Series Buffer and the AMS 2 Pro. Now the only thing left is the Beta-Firmware. Did anyone get it already for the A1, not A1 mini? Or am i the only one? ![]()
But there is. The AMSLite has no way of respooling filament other than the slight mechanical spring load on the spools. If the filament has to be retracted further than the spring load allows it will loop off of the spool and be unable to feed. The AMSLite was specifically designed to be simple and to be only used as a single unit that only has to retract filament a very short distance.
Regular AMS’s have the ability to respool large quantities of filament as they actively reverse the spool.
totally agree 100% beta testing is well for testing if an issue comes up then hard luck its beta every beta tester knows this since the dawn of time
This can easily be addressed with a 5in1out ams-hub-lite just like the existing one but 5way where we would connect the AMS1/2/HT one or more on the additional entry.
We agree on that
been in the beta program also for weeks, still no option to upgrade fw
I placed a Support Ticket and asked for the Beta Firmware for my A1 Mini yesterday. I received a reply a few hours later that they have added me to the queue. I’ll update when I get it. Fingers crossed.
how to get the beta ? i did not recieved a message to update
Has anyone in the beta program been able to update yet??
Not here in Australia.Have setup all done.Just waiting for the firmware.