Is the basic AMS buffer suplied with the standard AMS also compatible with the A1 series?
Welcome to the forum!
No, just the new one:
Hey kspear, any updates to this? Would be interesting to hear if creating a support ticket and being placed directly in the queue by the support team allows for a person to receive the Beta firmware quicker than just enrolling in the Beta Firmware Program by themselves.
Hello together, i think i crashed my AMS lite, because i was so affraid for the new AMS Hub and pluged all together, and forgot to read in forum and the introduction.
I installed the new ams hub for a1, to use my ams ht.
I pluged everything in and regognized it does not run. Then i unplugged the ams lite, to only run the ams ht. But it does not work. After checking the forum i see i need a new beta firmwareupdate, but i didn`t recieved it. Ok, i had to wait. Then i wanted to replug everything to run only my ams lite. but then it gets no connection, all red leds are blinking red.
I restarted the printer many times an unplug and repluged the ams lite, and still no connection. In Bambu studio i get these error: 0502-4009 123418
I think the printer get confused with the new ams hub for a1.
I also did a complete reset of the printer.
Today i plugged everething in, ams lite and ams ht, both, and i see something in the studio, but it does not work correctly, Slot 1 is the AMS HT , really confused, also rfid did not work, so i can not print. Then i unplug the ams ht and the ams lite get in 4 led red blinking mode.
So now i had no ams -.-
has someone the same thing ? or can help me ?
You should have create your own post for this as this comment and the other one in a different thread linking here is far less likely to result in much help.
That said.
Read everything before starting.
I would:
- Turn everything off and unplug all leads
- Turn the printer back on and reset it to factory settings
- Plug the AMS Lite in and reset it to factory settings
Basic reset (power cycle)
- Turn the printer off and unplug it from the power source.
- Wait for about 15-20 minutes to ensure all power is drained.
- Plug the printer back in and turn it on.
Reset AMS
To reset the AMS on a Bambu Lab A1, first try a simple power cycle : turn the printer off, unplug it for a few minutes, and then restart it. If that doesn’t work, you can manually reset the AMS ID by disconnecting and reconnecting the cables, making sure to check that the AMS ID sequence is updated afterward. For persistent problems or filament jams, you can try a full printer factory reset, but this will erase all your settings.
AMS ID reset (cable re-connection)
- Ensure the printer is off.
- Disconnect all cables between the printer and the AMS.
- Physically reconnect the cables in the desired order.
- Power the printer back on.
- Check the filament/device page on the printer’s screen or in Bambu Studio to confirm the AMS ID sequence has updated.
Advanced reset (factory reset)
- Warning: This will erase all settings.
- On the printer’s touch screen, go to
Settings.- Navigate to
Factory Reset(or similar) and selectRestore.- Wait for the process to complete, which may take several minutes.
- You will need to set up the printer again from scratch.
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I agree, I could have started a new thread, but I’m also thinking of everyone waiting for the update and the ams hub, and I wanted to offer some warning.
Thanks for the list of reset options.
But I’ve already gone through all of these in the last 28 hours
… I also have a support ticket open at the same time.
Unfortunately, the ams lite is only active and recognized if the hub and the ams ht are also connected, but as I wrote above, it’s not usable. It only displays in bambu studio with the error mentioned above. It doesn’t display at all on the printer.
If I only connect the ams lite, i.e., in its original state, all four LEDs start flashing red continuously.
I’ll still try the reset options again.
If anyone else has any other ideas or options, I would be immensely grateful for your help.
Best regards
Sorry to say that, butI think you fried your AMS lite. I’ve seen this guide PROBÉ el AMS OPEN SOURCE para BambuLab ¿Es legal? (sorry, is in spanish). But the guy installed his AMS Lite together with an open source AMS Lite DIY and his AMS Lite died. He did get in touch with support that ultimately send him a new AMS Lite Board.
Received my A1 hub and have it connected to an AMS 2 Pro, waiting for the beta update to show up on my mini, is there anything specific i should do other than enrolling in the beta program?
Hi, I’ve subscribed for receiving the betas two days ago but I still can’t see any update available for my A1 Mini…did I make something wrong or, at least, incomplete? Thanks
It seems that users define “public” differently than BambuLab. For me, “public” would mean that every user who is part of the beta program can install it. We have users (including me) who are now sitting on pins and needles, waiting to install firmware that is apparently not accessible to everyone.
Linking to “instructions” that simply say to participate in the beta program via Bambu Mobile is not very helpful. That doesn’t explain how to get the software onto the printer… Isn’t there a way to transfer and install it as a download and SD card instead of OTA?
Exactly… My AMS will be delivered today and I still don’t have the firmware. Public beta means that I accept the risk and want the unfinished software.
My suspicion is that they found something really bad in the firmware and are holding it back. If this is the case, they should tell us about it. @SupportAssistant , can you please tell us what is going on?
The Beta firmware is meant for users who join the Beta program and want to help test the firmware and report bugs. Please note that the firmware might contain bugs or issues which are not discovered yet.
As mentioned in the title, the Beta is available to a limited number of people initially, and more users are gradually added.
If you wish to join the beta, you can open a ticket with our team to be manually added.
Once the Beta testing period is completed, it will be released as an official update.
The Beta firmware is meant for users who join the Beta program and want to help test the firmware and report bugs. Please note that the firmware might contain bugs or issues which are not discovered yet.
I understand that. I’m aware of the risks and I signed for the beta anyway. In my opinion, a private beta is for selected users that are gradually added as the developers see fit. Once the firmware reached a certain level of maturity, you create the open beta so anyone who is aware of the risk can install, test it, and find bugs that were not found in the private beta. This is what we are asking for. Public beta should be for anyone who understands the risk accepts it.
If you wish to join the beta, you can open a ticket with our team to be manually added.
I already joined the beta from the handy app some days ago. Will opening a ticket make any difference in this process, or is it the same thing as enrolling from the app?
I ordered the AMS2pro few weeks ago and now the new AMS hub for A1.
In the video and the wiki guide, you show how to connect the AMS 2 Pro with the new AMS Hub for the A1 printer. Is it necessary to have the beta version of the firmware? I haven’t found any option in the printer to switch between AMS Lite and AMS 2 Pro. I’ve also checked the option to participate in beta firmware testing, but I still only have the basic version 01.06.00.00. Will this cause any problems when connecting and switching between AMS Lite and AMS 2 Pro? thank you.
But there is still no hub in the UK store .
in the EU was, i ordered 1pcs, and it arrived today…but i am stil in my work
and still not have a new FW
Ticket US251017571002, please add me to the Beta Group manually.
I just did exactly that and got the answer, that it is not possible and “I can wait until end of october”. I guess, there was a translation error, since saying “You can wait” is not very friendly
I find it disappointing. Ialso don’t really understand why the system takes so long to roll out the beta. If they wanted a limited number of testers, beta testing should have before the hardware went public. Anyway, I hope t will be available today or at least tomorrow. Support told me it usually takes around 3-5 days.
But how should the beta testers are able to to test the AMS connection without the hardware? I don’t know, how many AMS Hubs for A1 Bambu Lab has sold until now. Maybe they haven’t expected so much interest. ![]()