But in that case, I don’t really see the point of not releasing the beta firmware to everyone right away. There are plenty of people, including me, who’ve had the AMS sitting here for 4-5 days but still can’t access the beta. I mean, printers are also tested before release and shipped with working firmware. Don’t get me wrong—I’m really happy that compatibility is coming now and I’m just a bit disappointed I haven’t received the beta yet, that’s all
Selling a delayed product before a public firmware had been released is dumb.
You can have a public beta for hardware available for general sale, it is bad business and poor use of the word beta.
Those with the beta release firmware appear unable to use it as it appears the ability to enable the hardware is not available to everyone with that firmware release.
So, they get the likelihood of bugs in the firmware unrelated to the feature they can’t use because the promise they could is reportedly limited access with no published rules as to who or when get it.
I’ve got all the required hardware, but still waiting on the “gradual” update to beta firmware 01.06.10.33 for my A1 (I’m enrolled in the Beta Firmware Program).
Any timeframe on when to expect it? It’s not fun having $400 of new stuff on my bench that the store page said was now compatible but no indication on when I’ll have access to the beta firmware to actually use it.
@SupportAssistant I’ve had ticket US251017876001 open for this exact issue for several days now, well before your post.
Please address my ticket and manually add my printer to the beta, as you’ve instructed.
Alternatively, please help everyone who is experiencing this same frustration by Providing the offline/manual firmware installation files. Then users who have spent all this money on this hardware can install it if they wish and not be left at your mercy or the mercy of a support ticket.
Turned off and unplugged printer for 15 mins, cleared cache in Bambu Handy app, and still am not able to update to the latest firmware.
Followed up with support asking how long it will take, and whether they can provide me with a download link so I can bypass any wait. I will post further updates here.
a beta should be for everyone ready to go thats the idea of a dam beta jeez! we all understand what a beta does and the risks of a beta thats why we’re here. this should be ready to everyone who want to use it thats the idea of sighing up to beta testing yet we dont get an update what a joke bambu is
It is quite concerning that Bambulab released a hardware product on the market knowing **** well that consumers would purchase the product and be completely unable to use it because Bambulab did not make the required firmware available, as they should. It is an unfortunate, and unprofessional oversight, especially given that there is an entire system in place to allow manual/offline firmware installations.
Just for fun I used X1/P1 buffer. Surprisingly it works somehow. Kinda interesting to see. I mean technically they’re both doing the same exact thing - regulating tension between AMS and the toolhead. So far I printed a long multicolor print and no issues so far. It did the job perfectly.
Did you already sign up for the beta firmware program in the app before contacting support? From what I understand, this part is only the registration for the beta program, so unfortunately it doesn’t grant immediate access—apparently, the system needs some time to process requests. For me, it’s been 5 days already, and support told me it can take 3-5 days.