Okay. I’m here to tell you about my successful journey to the public beta. A week ago, my AMS 2 Pro with the AMS Hub for the A1 printer arrived. As instructed in the “manual” – which isn’t really a manual – at the top of the thread, I registered for the beta program via BambuHandy. So I sat there, eagerly awaiting something to happen and the beta firmware to magically appear on my printer. Unfortunately, nothing happened except that I followed this thread closely. Someone opened a ticket to get to the goal. I did the same. After about 12 hours, I received a reply saying that I was now accepted into the program and that it would start soon. Unfortunately, nothing happened again. So I did what someone else from this thread wrote, I contacted live chat and described my “problem,” gave the ticket number and my account name. I asked if there was anything else I could do, such as restarting the printer, but was told no. I should wait for the agent. Again, nothing happened. Until I restarted the printer. Then I was able to perform the update, connect the AMS, and now my AMS 2 Pro is finally printing on my A1 printer. I think it would be less stressful for Bambulab employees (and customers) if you didn’t have to go through the ticket & chat process…
Yes. Since 5 days I have my ams 2 pro with the a1 buffer but no firmware to use it
sure, I have ams hub at home… but The firmware was successfully updated only today. Without the update, you can’t connect the AMS 2 Pro to the A1.
I guess the only thing left to do is wait for the official release instead of the beta. I’ve got two A1s, two AMS units, and two HUBs too.Just missing the firmware ![]()
same situation, no need to say open beta when it’s clearly a closed beta
I joined the beta program 2 couple of days ago. Will every beta person get the update for the AMS 2 pro on the A1?
This thing doesn’t really make sense, and it’s really unprofessional on the part of bambulab, to sell a product that needs a firmware reported in beta, freely open to everyone, when in reality it’s not like that… Bambulab is too busy selling this year, it’s really disappointing me, I’ll change all my machines with another brand very soon. It is not possible to think of working with them
I joined a week ago and I haven’t received the beta, at this point I’ll wait for the official release
Yes, I’ve been signed up for the beta for about 5 days as well. I contacted support to try and expedite the process but so far it has not worked ![]()
It’s surprising that there’s no official statement from Bambu Lab about this. I’m also wondering why they haven’t addressed it directly, given how busy support must be answering the same questions over and over. Why not just tell everyone what’s going on and whether this delay was planned or not? It would save a lot of time and frustration for everybody.
Bambu lab: Join the beta help us test. We sell all the hardware you need to test. But we won’t send you the beta to test
I joined the Beta program a long time ago, but the beta version has not been pushed to me yet, and I just bought the AMS 2 Pro and hooked it up, but it’s just sitting here dead. How can I download the beta version for the A1? Is there a discord link or anything?
I opened a ticket a few days ago. Today they wrote back that I should get the firmware soon. Some hours later it was here.
I’m in the same jam. Hooked up the AMS 2 Pro today and all it can do is just sit there. Do I reinstall the AMS Lite, or hope the beta firmware sends to me soon. Ughhh!
As has been discussed above, the fastest way to get the beta is to:
- Ensure you are registered for the beta program in the Bambu Handy app
- Open a support ticket and request that they push the beta to you
- Wait for support to confirm they’ve made the change/push
- Wait a few hours (I had to wait about 12)
- Restart printer and check again (I recommend unplugging for 15 minutes and plugging back in – which is what worked for me)
Good luck! ![]()
Thanks!! I registered for beta a long time ago. I just unregistered and re-registered to see if that would shake it, but no. Got two support tickets on the line. Thanks for the info!!!
This isn’t right. I’ve been patiently waiting for my update, and now Bambu Support is prioritizing people who open tickets over others? Disappointing.




