Added P1P a Touch Screen

Yes, I know that such workarounds are possible. By editing GCODE also a new MD5 file needs to be generate (otherwise 3MF will not be accepted) and also some jason files probably needs to be adjusted to not cause settings conflict (i guess it’s so, but not sure). These are a lot of steps and just not comfortable for my certain use case.

It looks like sending and printing GCODE on Bambu printers is not possible generally.

I find something intresting look like it is from bigtreetech:

if this is real then i want it :grinning: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

any news outa here? but this is the X1 isn’t it?

I think this is what we’re looking at:

Just watched it on Youtube channel The Next Layer. This sounds great.

You can send gcode files with FTP. Here is a topic about it.
Connect FTP on Bambu
But remotely starting a print is not possible.
On the positive side, you can also delete files not longer needed without removing the SD card.

An old tablet with the app is the best display… I hope the 2 generation has only a little tablet.

1 Like

You can send commands to print files. I am sure as I have already implemented it…

No matter how many printers a tablet lasts. You could then also order printers without display/tablet, which makes the price cheaper!

Sure, if you have the tablet. If not 10e for 2.8 and 30e for 5inch… With updates now makes more sense than a 4.4 android

1 Like

My answer to Dill was about FTP.
But its nice to hear, that you can start prints over MQTT. Will it be available on Xtouch soon?
Just ordered a display to try Xtouch. What I’m missing is just that: Start prints with Xtouch (and maybe delete files from printers SD card).

How to troubleshoot if the printer is not listed after connecting to Wifi, The screen is “Printer search, please wait…”

No printers are discovered during the search process:

• In certain instances, users have encountered an issue where no printers are discovered during the search process.
  • Posible solutions
    1. Device Check:
    • Restart the router: Unplug the power cable from the router, wait for about 30 seconds, and then plug it back in. This helps refresh the router’s settings and can resolve temporary connectivity issues.
    • Restart the xtouch screen and printer: Turn off both devices, wait for a moment, and then turn them back on. This ensures that any temporary glitches in the devices’ connectivity are resolved.
    1. Hotspot Test:
    • Create a hotspot with your phone: Go to the settings on your phone, find the “Hotspot” or “Tethering” option, and enable it. This turns your phone into a WiFi hotspot that other devices can connect to.
    • Connect both the xtouch screen and the printer to this access point
    • If both devices connect successfully: This means that the xtouch screen and printer are

I can’t get this to work. Just keeps saying it can’t connect “Bad SSID Check WIFI Credentials”. I have double checked the SSID info and it is correct. Used the json file generator in the GitHub. I am at a loss.

Does your wifi credentials use any uncommon characters? The ESP32 is known to have issues connecting with them.

4 Likes

Not at all. SSID is all uppercase letters and the pw is all numeric

There may be a problem with your board or the antenna components. There’s zero QC on a $12 ESP display board. I honestly don’t know how they make any money from them.

4 Likes

Yeah. I may just say screw it and get the BIQU screen when it comes out or I may not get anything. I use the Handy app or BS anyways. Just figured it was a fun upgrade to try out.

The BIQU screen is supposedly going to have way more functionality like the X series screens do. Won’t have quite as much because there’s more functionality in the x series firmware over the P.

I have the xTouch screen working, but was expecting more functionality than it has. I’m going to wait for the BIQU screen reviews to come out, and if they are decent, pick one up. I use it at my PC so I can close BL Studio. It still has a memory leak as every time I leave it on over 12 hours, certain Windows apps in my 64GB Ram system report “not enough memory” when trying to load.

Where can I download the newest firmware. I can’t find the official website. I also have got a new problem with my xtouch screen. It always disconnects after the power is off and resets all settings.