Added P1P a Touch Screen

The irony… lol I don’t disagree though.

1 Like

Is there 5 inch screen support or when will this update come, I haven’t ordered my screen yet

Yes, I would welcome this too. I am holding off on any purchase of hardware until the 5" is supported. I’m looking forward to when that day arrives.

5 inch is in the roadmap, but before I will put out 2 more things… Then actually decide next version hw

2 Likes

This is great, I set one up in my office under my monitor but may add a second one on my P1P in the garage. I like to be able to easily preheat the bed and see the progress and temperature whole at my desk.

The only addition I would like is to be able to show an rtsp stream even if only at .5fps.

Does this project involve any soldering? On either printer or the screen? I’m not that good at soldering tiny objects.

No soldering needed for this project

1 Like

Cool project, would love to see a larger screen option

Ingenious thing! :+1: Can Xtouch also send G-code files to printer or only 3MF files? I figured out that OrcaSlicer has this limitation and I can imagine that Xtouch communicate with printer in the same way.

G-code files are actually inside the 3mf… is just a container… rename it to .zip and descompress…

1 Like

I know that this is just a zip file and it’s easy to extract G-code out of 3mf. What I mean is other way around. I have G-code files only. Would it be possible sending these to printer and start remotely by using Xtouch? I have not found any proper way yet. :sweat:

GCode IS printerspecific. Better slice 3Mf

Unfortunately in this particular case it’s not possible. There is a post-processing step of the sliced files in our pipeline which (currently) can only process gcode files.

Can you not export the 3mf file (with slice gcode) from Bambu/Orca, rename to .zip and unzip, modify the gcode as needed, rezip and rename to .3mf and load it to the printer via SD card?

5 Likes

Yes, I know that such workarounds are possible. By editing GCODE also a new MD5 file needs to be generate (otherwise 3MF will not be accepted) and also some jason files probably needs to be adjusted to not cause settings conflict (i guess it’s so, but not sure). These are a lot of steps and just not comfortable for my certain use case.

It looks like sending and printing GCODE on Bambu printers is not possible generally.

I find something intresting look like it is from bigtreetech:

if this is real then i want it :grinning: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

any news outa here? but this is the X1 isn’t it?

I think this is what we’re looking at:

Just watched it on Youtube channel The Next Layer. This sounds great.

You can send gcode files with FTP. Here is a topic about it.
Connect FTP on Bambu
But remotely starting a print is not possible.
On the positive side, you can also delete files not longer needed without removing the SD card.