Added P1P a Touch Screen

Is there a way to contribute on the software side?

Just write Bambu and ask them. I think they will appreciate such great project.

I just installed my P1Touch and I am having the same issues.

Any fixes to the P1Touch resetting every time the power is turned off?

There is a Facebook group now where these issues are being documented and addressed just type in P1 Touch :slight_smile:

Installation video has been posted by 3D Rundown. Nice walk through, but I don’t care much for his mounting position.

2 Likes

Have you considered adding the ability to control the chamber temp by adding a chamber temperature sensor and control for aux part fan (chamber fan)? The Temperature setpoint could be added to the screen.

Wouldn’t it be possible to store the credentials in the eeprom of the esp32?

Possible with the latest beta he has released

The ESP32 doesn’t have eeprom like some microcontrollers do. The work around is to emulate eeprom in flash using a utility like LittleFS. From the sounds of it the P1Touch developer has opted to go a different route of using a SD card to store credentials on.

4 Likes

Main project is live now at GitHub - xperiments-in/xtouch

5 Likes

I have noticed that when I connect the xtouch to my P1P, it stops my Home Assistant from getting data from the printer through the Bambu laps plugin.

Has anyone else seen this and worked out how to stop it? If I rip the power from the xtouch screen after a few minutes HA will pick back up.

I am thinking that there is a limit on the printer end to how many clients can hit the MQTT server? I guess if that is the case there would be no workarounds for this and I’d pretty much need to choose between HA or xtouch which is a shame.

Yeah Is a bug introduced in fw 01.04.00.00

Cheers

1 Like

Praying for AMS support one day. Great project!

1 Like

Will the firmware work on a bigger screen? I would love to do this but use the 5 in screen that’s available.

1 Like

In the future yes, I am working on it, but I can’t confirm board, so don’t buy anything before I confirm the model.

1 Like

Thanks for the work you’re doing. Once it’s available I will definitely be adding it. 2.8 is just a bit small for my sausage fingers to work with lol!:joy:

1 Like

The 2.8" screen does come with a stylus so it’s a little easier to use for those of us with sausage fingers.

5 Likes

This was published and linked above.

5 Likes

Than you. I missed that.

1 Like