Added P1P a Touch Screen

I use P1Touch for a while now…

1 Like

just waiting on Ali… such a cool project. one question though. Is there a way to do the initial setup without the website? just thinking, what if I need to set up a replacement or a new one and the site is no longer around? Is it possible to do a backup once you have your screen up, then flash that to a new screen if needed?

The source code is now available as linked above so you can compile it yourself.

Yes you can make a backup of the firmware on your screen using something like esptool and also use it to reflash the bin file that you dumped from your screen to another screen.

4 Likes

Fantastic, I can’t wait for the 5-inch version :wink:

All set up, thanks for making this so easy. Love it.

Can P1P Touch support Live 3D model viewing in the future?

By sending and receiving messages using MQTT protocols, the hardware on the STM32 dev board can let us send and view data from P1P/P1S printers.

From the mobile app Bambu Handy it can show us a thumbnail of the 3D model which is very intuiative. Any idea of that?

If the original Bambu protocol has the Image info, you can transfer the Image data in Base64 format in MQTT protocol and display it on the STM32 dev board’s screen.

Great project- I just ordered a P1S and the screen from Ali to upgrade it.

Hello,

I also added a xTouch to my PS1. Works great.
Now I want to add the ds18b20 temperature sensor on it. Can somebody post here a picture, witch cable belongs to the right pins on board and sensor?

Greatings

Tott

The GitHub repository has a guide for connecting the temperature sensor.

4 Likes

Thanks !!!

That´s what I was looking for.
I have seen it some weeks ago, but I couldn´t find it again. I was a blind fool…

Thanks a lot once again!

Tott

just installed on my p1p, works great just have one question. Is there any way to make the screen go dark after ~5 minutes?

Look at the Settings page of the xtouch.

thank you, just found out that it only goes dim when not printing

Hi, i have found other thouch screen versions, namely with capacitive touch that may be more responsive, is your software conpatible with it?

Thank you.

I tried this and it just kept rebooting, at the time I didn’t know it was only for resistive so it figures. The source code wasn’t available at the time so I could investigate further.

Come to discord and ask for help. BTW source is published some time ago

Sorry. No discord for me I’m afraid. I find it totally ADHD-inducing wall of words in my view. It has no obvious structure and is just a vomit of consciousness. It’s almost as bad as REDDIT in it’s complete dysfunctional organization structure. I find it impossible to find the subject I am looking for. Even the search utility is an abomination. It overwrites the browser CTRL-F function which to me is an egregious mortal sin of software development on the order of Pop-up windows.

I wish the dev would find a structured discussion forum by which to provide discussion and support. Anything is better than Discord or REDDIT such as MyBB, Simple Machines Forum or countless other free software forums out there. But sadly, in this day and age with most people unable to keep focus beyond 256 characters, I realize this is likely a lost cause. Still, I note it nevertheless because I simply vote with my feet and have held back on pursuing anything that relies solely on Discord or REDDIT.

Let’s be candid, both of those platforms serve just one purpose, that being to promote themselves and garner advertising click-throughs. Remember… on the Internet, if it’s free, “You’re the product”. I simply will not willingly subject myself to this kind of exploitation.

BTW: Just for the record, I went full-immersion on Discord and set up my own channel simply to ensure that there wasn’t something I was missing. I’ll admit bias after having over 40 years of online experience beginning with dialup BBS in the 80s, USENET in the 90s, eGroups(YahooGroups) in the 90s and 00’s and of course having been admin for vBulletin, MyPHP and Invision forums, and for the life of me, despite this effort, I simply do not get the appeal of Discord or REDITT, totally baffling. But then again, the current generation likely doesn’t remember the calm sanity of those platforms(like this forum here) so it likely will not change.

OK. Off my soapbox now.

1 Like

I see your point but I only do support in Discord. Not because is good for users, but most because is easy for me.

Hi can you link me to the Discord group please?

The link can be found in the description of this video.

5 Likes