Allow disabling Gap filling

In some cases gap filling is not desirable. Please add checkbox to disable gap filling entirely.

9 Likes

Yes, please! A setting for disabling gap filling!

I am currently working on a project with thin walls on a lamp, and I cannot get rid of gap filling. It increases print time massively, and ruins the finishing, as well as the translucency. The only way for me to get rid of it, is to fiddle with bottom and top layer settings (putting them at 0), which is not ideal for the model for obvious reasons.

6 Likes

Yes, please let us disable gap fill!

Also, adopting the “minimum gap fill line width” and “minimum gap fill area” from Superslicer would be very helpful. These let you allow gap fill, but selectively remove areas which are too small or narrow to worry about.

5 Likes

+1
I hope we can get an option to disable gap infill soon.

2 Likes

+1 vote from me. This is a must have in some prints (e.g. TPU)

2 Likes

You should try “Arachne” mode for “Wall Mode” this nearly completely remove gaps and so gap infill by using variable wall thickness

4 Likes

Thank you. I will try this.

I had exactly the same issue and this solved it. Thank you so much!

bump. Still want to disable this. Preferably with a threshold. this small of a gap fill is completely unnecessary. While it is good to have on longer wall paths.

1 Like

I’m still new to 3D printing, and am trying to understand this gap filling issue. Can’t gaps be controlled with this setting?

1 Like

Orca has a “filter out tiny gaps” setting, sounds like what you guys are looking for?

1 Like

changing this number does not do what you think it does. It deletes thin slots in STL files that are below this threshold. Not how big of a gcode wall gap it tries to fill with “Gap infill” paths.

Thank you for pointing out this setting. I had glossed over it as something else. This is the best solution so far until bambu gets around to implementing it. For others looking for a solution. It is under Strength>Infill>“Filter out tiny gaps”. a value of 1 cut out some really really small fills. a value of 2 cut out the ones giving me trouble but left all of the reasonable paths that would need filling.

1 Like

Justy noticed this thread, just set the Gap infill (Speed tab) to 0. it will stop the silly gap fill. I hope they just add a setting /threshold to fill it proparly…

3 Likes

OMG, thank you! I almost tried that but figured it would just do like line widths where 0 = some default.

THIS IS THE ANSWER! BUMP it up!

Thanks just solved my problem!

When I set the gap infill speed to 0 it still tries to print the gap infill. However the speed seems to adjust (up to crazy values) in order to compensate for the flow rate change?

This early answer may be a better option because the lines are completely filled without the need for gap filling. It adjusts the thickness of the line as needed. It is in Quality->Wall generator

1 Like