Anyone Else want a better graphical display for the P1P/S

hehe, good point. I usually use English because I also got annoyed about the German translations. But it always defaults to German if I am not logged in. And I really did not expect that the translator messes up digits. What a poor implementation. :pensive:

I clobbered together two models within the first few days of owning my printer, and a few months later it’s still one of the most useful prints I’ve made.

So I have the one P1S and so far print what comes off a CAD model. I design it then print it. Occasionally I print something from the past. I really don’t think a controller would help because I would need to get the model to it, so what would be the advantage vs just using a laptop? I rarely touch the controller on my P1S either. I think Bambu studio works great and use my phone to keep an eye on it for long prints.

When you print from SD Card on a P-series Bambu, can the PandaTouch change the filament to a different AMS slot?

Have you been able to check out the Panda Touch? It seems to add an x1-like experience to the P1 series.

BIGTREETECH Panda Touch 5'' Display for Bambu Lab Printers – Biqu Equipment I don’t have a P series but this might get me into it.

Well, us the English subtitles on the following video. Something like Bambulab like to change Protocols, API should come and so on… “Elephant in the room” … However, he getting better words than I ever will find.

Beegtreetech is Informing extremely transparent on this case. and a add. from my side, may Bambu will see how companies like Beegtreetech geting trust.

Video Starts by 315 seconds, as I said, you will need to activate the English subtitles:

and a P.S. on sliced ​​bread, it was a nice video today :slight_smile:

It’s finally out! I’m waiting on mine!

Not yet. While it looks like a great unit, the few reviews that I have seen seem to indicate tyhat it does not show a preview image of the files. That is my main need. As mentioned in my original post there is just a few times where I am in the shed and want to quickly reprint something that is already on the printer and the image preview would be useful to locate the correct part. Most of the time I use the handy app or the PC in the house to trigger a job (but that means I planned the job :slight_smile: ).

It does look like a great Addon though. I will keep an eye on it and watch the reviews.

I just got mine and it really looks great. Also the responsiveness is great.

3 Likes

The Xtouch system is under 10 dollars guys, it can do everything the Big tree display can except upload a STL from it.

The panda does allow you to control the AMS also.
But man, you should print that cover face down on the bed, it would look so much nicer IMO. :slightly_smiling_face:

I did its just lighting making it wonky, they are metallic filaments so they reflect everything lol

Oh, apologies. It looks like the top layer.

It seems to be printed using a Smooth PEI plate. If I print something on my Ali Smooth PEI plate it looks comparable.

@Sibes991, which plate exactly had you used for printing the case?

The cold plate is what I used for this

It is, but it’s also a much smaller (2.8" Resistive Touch) display. Tough to compare it to the 5" capacitive touch display on the Panda. A similar sized and spec’d dev board screen is available ($40) and hopefully one day the developer will release xtouch for it.

2 Likes

Have you ever tried wet sanding prints with a high grit sand paper? It’s surprising how nice you can smooth and polished PLA with some effort. Wet sanding is the key otherwise the surface turns whiteish.

2 Likes

Ya it works a treat, this is just an oddity with this filiment it goes semi transparent in bright light so it looks normal just not in pictures

1 Like

Far from it, look into the features a little more.

I have and better yet I use it so I know them very well, the new beta build has much more functionality now but even before it was only missing some settings for the AMS and the logs, now it has them