Compeastion x y z

greeting

how to properly calibrate the printer.

If it is printed with PLA and I print X 100mm and Y 100mm with a height of 50mm
there is a difference in the print, for example x99.78mm y 99.67 z 49.8mm

where can I get to the terminal to type in the Gcode values so that the object’s size is calibrated correctly, so that I can save it in the firmware itself. or where XY compensation can be done in the slicer.

I am also tempted by skew compensation.

I am also confused, since the superslicer has inner compensation, where can it be adjusted in the slicer itself? if i print holes inside material 50mm diametar, where to calibrate that stuff?

I’m not talking about the shinkage

of ABS material, but about ordinary pla. although in prusalicer superslicer there is that you can type material collection and correction

(pic from compeastion in superslicer inner holes)

any tips? tutoruals… thx for info

1 Like

Hello, looking for solution of that as well.
Did you solve the problem?

hmm, you looking for this one? you can setup it global or per object as well:

No, this is for x, y not for z….

1 Like

X y are on slicer… my iz 0.06 both. For Z i dont have solution. Still maybe Whit g92 command… but o dont know present settings for Z how many steps ar default. So i can increase values.

Another haddcore solutions is increse voltage of stepper motors… but i don’t wanna play with that.

G92 only experiment method Trials and failures

1 Like

It’s strange that this feature is not visible in studio… I will ask them officially with ticket. We will see….

I really hope so they answer… please put respond here…

1 Like

im found solution for problems… for X Y and Z, but still not SKEW compesation.
here is litte tutorual.

if you have problems for printig correct parts dimension. here iz little fast calibration process.

here 2 files shared on dezoned cloud storage. import 2 files in slicer.

1st file 90mm60mm5mm, the hole is 40*40mm and the circle diameter is 22mm

print in PLA for start. 0.4 nozzle, for setup, 2 bottom, 3 top wall, round wall 2. infil 15%, grid. set X-Y hole compesation to 0 and X-Y contour to 0. place 1 object on plate like on picture. 0.2 layer height and, First layer height 0.2. speed stock, support disabled.

top/upper Scale menu X Y and Z 100%.

sliice and print file.

after 1 print… use caliper

under sliding scale and perform 4 reading along the X axis longitudinally. in the rectangle-circle direction. like in picure

if the measurements are, for example, 89.92, 89.95, 89.93, 89.97… then a little math:

89.92+89.95+89.93+89.97=359.77

(90mm*100)/(359.77/4)=100.06%

by the same analogy, measure on the Y axis as well. only for mathematics, use instead of 90mm, enter 60mm, because that measurement value is exactly 60

(60mm*100)/(239,89/4)=100.04%

now that you have 2 percentage values, open the slicer and go up under the SCALE options under X type X the calculated value and under Y … Y.

reslice file and reprint…

then repeat the calculation and print it. if you don’t feel like calculating, then increase it by, say, 0.03% and print it again.

repeat the process until there is a 90*60mm object or 90.04mm, which is great for accuracy. otherwise, as far as I know, the tolerance allowed for printing is 0.15 mm. in practice, during construction, especially for 2 printed objects, I always took 0.3 mm to fit one printed object into the other.

a little help when printing. when a part is printed, leave it on the table to cool down for a few minutes because of plastic shrinkage.

ok now that the external printing is finished and if the value is what it should be… then measure the inner square which is 40-40mm. if the outer edge is 90-60, then the inner square is 40*40, or a couple of millimeters plus or minus 0.02mm, for example. or is approximately 0.1, or 0,05 mm smaller or correct.

the circle being measured will probably be 0.3-0.23mm away from the actual value. now under X-Y hole compensation options. instead of 0.0mm, enter a value approximately the diameter of the hole divided by 2.

example:

the hole is (measured)21.82mm 22(real size)-21.82=0.18

0.18/2 = 0.09

Enter 0.09mm in the field value under X-Y hole compesation.

and reprint.

now the hole should be somewhere closer to the value of 22mm, it is probably smaller, but that is not the printer’s fault, but only the slicer program’s problem. all slicer programs have this problem. that’s why when drawing or just constructing, that correction is taken around 0.3mm 0.2… from practice you can already see habits if you often print or deal with it. 40-40mm are now 40,08mm or something like that, that value should also increase a little.

when that calibration is finished, Z should be calibrated.

you import a 100mm high object in height (if it is not laid lengthwise). and print it out. print it WITHOUT BRIMS.

this is an easier measure now. it is probably less 99.92mm (in my case), now open the scale options and put 100.08% above under Z, if necessary, print again.

now you have the X Y and Z values, as well as the hole diameter size compensation on the X - Y axis. remember these values and write them down if you need to print something correctly.

the printer also has SKEW compensation, I tried to print it, but the appearance is locked by the manufacturer itself, it needs to be turned on so that it can be calibrated. I tried via G code, but it doesn’t accept the changes for printing.

I think I was clear enough. sorry, english is not my native language.

happy printig all… !

3 Likes

update… please read i cant tag you

Thank you very much! It’s make a sens and it will work for sure. It has to be done for every filament separately. I will test it and let you know.
I observed also marks on coolplate where nozzle is going down too deep and leaves a marks.

1 Like

I will make manual bed leveling procedure. If it won’t help I need to find where in gcode I can move nozzle farther from the bed. Or maybe someone know it already - please show me where.

BBC

1 Like

it does not exist in gcode as far as I know where the distance from bed is located. I think that in the extruder where the sensor is located, something loose or came loose. take off the cover and look and try to tighten it a little. I think that even with your finger, when you squeeze the nozzle from below, you should hear a click or see where the mechanism moves. there is probably too much air and then the sensor cannot be activated.

found for PEi texture on machine start G code to default lover Z -0.04!!

have you selected a good bed type for printing in the options?

;===== for Textured PEI Plate , lower the nozzle as the nozzle was touching topmost of the texture when homing ==
;curr_bed_type={curr_bed_type}
{if curr_bed_type==“Textured PEI Plate”}
G29.1 Z-0.04 ; for Textured PEI Plate
{endif}

It would really be nice to have:

• XY Shrinkage
  • Z Shrinkage

As settings in the filament profiles, like Superslicer has.

Scaling models asymmetrically, in the slicer is less than ideal.

1 Like

let’s think for a moment. x-y already exists in the slicer. and on the other hand, it doesn’t make sense because each pla material from another manufacturer is shrinks differently or abs. not even every printer is the same, there are deviations.

Right, that is the point.

Each printer can be mechanically calibrated (steps/mm) so that motion is true.

Then each filament can be calibrated for shrinkage.

It’s the simplest approach that correctly isolates variables.

2 Likes

@W.MFG fully agree -

+1 for this feature request!

3 Likes

Yes, calibration is a big deal. You can see why every machine needs to be calibrated when you add more than one machine, more than one printer, or perhaps another brand. You wish your print files to work on any machine and the parts to come out the same. In addition over time parts will need to be replaced. That will drive a need to calibrate with the new parts. In addition what happens to the printer calibration as the parts age? For all of these reasons a calibration process is needed for every printer.

I am not a fan of visual calibration. i would rather have higher accuracy tools to measure the calibration data. That may be just me but I think you will find that is the way high end systems are invented and produced.

In my opinion: Calibration requires set temperatures (verified accuracy and drift), X,Y, and Z commanded movements, extruder commanded steps, and mass weight of extruded output.

3 Likes

Did anyone submit a ticket for this, any new features introduced since this last post in March?

1 Like

Hallo, ich bin absoluter Neuling in Sachen 3D Druck. Habe auch das Problem, dass die Maße der gedruckten Teile nicht stimmen. Habe nach deiner Anleitung das Teil gedruckt und die Toleranz berechnet.
Meine Frage nun: Wo gebe ich die berechneten Werte für x und y im Slicer ein. Wo finde ich die Optionen SCALE?