Has anyone been through the UK returns process?

P1S arrived damaged so I am in the process of sending it back. Boxed it up, and printed the Evri (shudder) label and stuck it to the box as instructed.

I have no idea what I am supposed to do next. The Bambu Lab support message template just says that they may or may not collect, and here’s ParcelForces number to call to check.

I cannot get through to Evri as all their methods are automated and require a tracking number which I do not have.

I am unable to drop it off due to a health problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello and welcome to the forum! I just found this on Reddit and someone replied that it worked…

"Yes. I was given this advice by an Evri rep on Facebook last week when I needed to voice talk to someone:

• Go to www.evri.com/help-and-support/help-centre/#/something-else
  • Open the chatbot and select ‘It’s about something else’,
  • Then select that you are receiving and want to report damage to your property (even though there is no property damage)
  • You then get prompted for a free-text message rather than multiple choice. Type in your problem. Tick the box telling them you would rather communicate by phone (or email if you prefer) There’s an instant email confirmation that they have got the message and will be read and responded to.
    I got called back the next day by a nice human.

It shouldn’t be that difficult of course but at least I talked to a human."

Thanks but this didn’t change anything. Chat bot asks “Save time with an option below or tell us in your own words”.

Doesn’t matter what you type, it always asks for a reference number which I don’t have. Even If I start a new chat with “Complaint” or “speak to someone”, every time the same thing happens and I cannot get past it.

I found this too. Would it work even though Bambu already purchased the label?

No, that’s to purchase a new label. I would happily pay to send it next day, but then it won’t be tracked on their systems and I’ll probably lose both my money and the printer.

The “Return a parcel” part of the website asks for a retailer and doesn’t recognise Bambu Lab.

The label Bambu provided me with specifically says “C2B Return” on it, so it’s a special label.

Sorry :frowning: I’m in the US so I don’t have any experience with them but during my short research they sound pretty bad.

1 Like

Evri is the worst courier service in the UK. They had another name but renamed due to the hate they had.

They’re like Uber for parcel delivery. Anyone can sign up on an app to deliver the parcels, parcels go missing, end up stolen, get thrown over your back gate etc. Had one put in our wheelie bin just before collection day. Another in the garden which had clothes in a paper bag, didn’t find it for a week until it was soaked through. Couldn’t get a refund as they took the picture of it half out the letterbox so the retailler thought we were trying to pull a scam.

They really should not use Evri.

1 Like

What I would do is sell something to a mate on ebay for 99p, use Evri collect as postage option, then when they turn up ask if they can take the “other parcel” too

1 Like

Haha that did actually cross my mind. I’ve messaged Bambu to find out what should happen next. I’ll just have to be patient.

Factually, almost all the carriers used for shipping by BL, confirmed by multiple sources (users), are pretty bad, whether in the US, the UK, or elsewhere. Can’t say that I had any bad experiences with the European carrier (DHL) used by BL to ship my X1C combo or the spares I’ve acquired afterwards (except for slight delivery delays), but I’ve read some horrendous experiences posted by customers located in other EU states. So, overall it seems that most of the carriers employed by BL (not all of them though) are pretty bad.

1 Like

This is my story as a U.K. resident.

I demanded that BL organise a collection from my house as the problem was their fault in my case and I am not only very disabled, haven’t been able to leave my home in almost 5 years and am literally dying.

They argued, I argued, they relented.

Implied sarcasm upcoming; it only took a month and then two more weeks for the refund.

If you are lucky enough to be terminally ill, you could live the dream I did.

I’m currently experiencing another undelivered package issue that BL is sitting on and delaying their activity. If I get the AMS that went missing (the delivery company DPD admitted was lost the same day it occurred) within a month of ordering it will be a surprise as BL are either ignorant of what they are meant to do or indifferent to the issues they are required to provide assistance with.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply and sorry to hear of your health problems.

I actually had a collection the next day, Bambu Labs had booked the collection before I enquired about it. Might be the new policy? Not sure.

I didn’t want to have to wait for the return, inspection and eventual replacement since I’m selling so many prints now I needed another printer urgently, as well I’m going for surgery in 11 days so I wouldn’t even be able to unbox it for 3 weeks after so I bought the A1, so I guess Bambu wins and gets another printer out of me.

I have four now, one A1 mini Combo and three P1S Combos, plus extra AMS units, spares and filaments.

Once you pop, you can’t stop!

1 Like

In other words, you’ve got (yourself into) more than a handful of stuff to handle…and maintain. Nice! :grin:

1 Like

Honestly, Even though I have the P1S and A1, I still really want a mini. I can’t justify it though! Anyways, I’ll need much more storage space before I can get any more of them.

An A1 mini with the Swapmod installed is a game changer.

I am lucky enough to have been provided with a review model and it and it turns a humble printer into a conveyor-belt-esq automation hoping person’s dream.

To get the official launch date and price when available, go to the first link I gave and like the post.

It works flawlessly and whilst I do not know the official price, I know the ballpark, it isn’t expensive.

1 Like

I just wrote this up.

You can purchase the A1 mini for the price of a single 1kg of filament.

One small catch.