HELP! PLA Warping, nothing helps

I had the same issue, and some of the suggestions worked well for me.

• Turning AUX fan off helped to avoid warping. Some PLA went well related to sticking at the bed during printing, but some went loose.
  • Updating the bed to aliexpress item 1005004847413858 and the feet to aliexpress item 1005006054403476 (sorry I can’t add links, search for the item numbers at the aliexpress site) helped me to print well at high speed with materials that went loose before.

Thanks everyone for the great community help :slight_smile:

i also have the same problem, it turns out it was the filament, try drying out your filament or change the brand of the filament, mine warpped with elegoo WHITE pla, i dont know why but the BLACK elegoo pla is perfect yet the white one warps, try using sunlu PLA +, esun PLA+, bambu Basic pla. i havent tried anything else but those are the ones i use, and they dont warp as easily as elegoo

I had the same warping problem with PLA. Dry filament, different rolls, and both textured and cold plates, cleaned, ipa, with and without glue stick. When new these plates worked perfectly. A few months of inactivity when I moved and then parts began unsticking. 3x3” square base + brim would print a perfect first layer, but by the time I had 1/8” thickness down, it would lift at the corners and unstick completely.

I wondered if the chemical composition of the surface or the free energy had changed. I sanded the whole surface of the cold plate with 320 grit sandpaper until fogged, cleaned it, and now it’s printing the same part perfectly. I will update this post if it begins failing, but it looks like sanding down the surface with fine sandpaper may have exposed a fresh PEI surface, which is now sticking.

In addition, if the object to be printed is simple and without overhangs or long bridges, and if your layer times are long enough, you can turn-off the part-cooling fan for the entire duration of the print. The default slicer settings for PLA are the exact opposite: they have the part-cooling fan set to 100% for the entire duration of the print.