HOT FIX FIRMWARE RELEASED for the X1 series

I am so sorry to hear that. I have not heard of this problem.

• Confirm that the update was completed as expected and the version is now 01.04.01.00
  • On the printer in the network section, there is a network test. Run that test and see what happens
  • It looks like from your comment you are functional in LAN Only mode.
  • I would like to request you take it out of LAN only mode to test and see if you get that error on restart or not. I’m wondering if this is related to the LAN only mode and it trying to do a network test of it’s own to verify functionality.
  • If you want to try a factory reset on the printer and go through setup and see if this resolves the issue
  • If you can export LOG files, please open a support ticket and submit what is happening along with the log files.

Hopefully, we can get that message gone for you.

It is only a spurious error message not causing any real problem.
Firmware is definitely 01.04.01.00.
The error was shown about 1 minute after powering up.
The network test passed.
I took it out of LAN-only mode and didn’t bother logging into an account. The error didn’t show.
I put it back in LAN-only mode and now the error isn’t showing.

It looks like out of LAN-only mode it connected and got something from the cloud which has made it happy for the time being at least.

1 Like

Did my firmware update last night after work

Printer ran fine before and still runs fine now

No complaints or issues on my end

4 Likes

X1C + AMS
Since the update my last 3 prints (Cool Plate and PLA generic (eSun PLA+), same file generated by Bamboo Studio) showed me a message saying that the first layer could not be analyzed… I had only had this message once in the last month.:thinking:
It seems that this message now appears systematically to all my prints… :sleepy:

EDIT : one more print and again the same message…

EDT2 : one print with ABS and engeneering plate and no problem

Using the textured plate? I think the 1st layer inspection isn’t available any more on that (because it makes no sense since the plate is rippled anyway…).

Updated yesterday and printer still runs fine, no complaints or issues here as well.

2 Likes

No, like I said before “(Cool Plate and PLA generic (eSun PLA+), same file generated by Bamboo Studio)”
I never use textured plate :wink:

Make sure with the cool plate selected that before you send the file all the boxes are ticked to the left of send
If caliberation is not ticked you’ll get that message

I restarted but it didn’t solve it, on indications from technical support, I did a factory reset, but it didn’t solve it, they made me restore the firmware but it didn’t solve it, they made me do various resets, firmware restarts but it didn’t solve it I now await a definitive answer and resolution. faulty auxiliary fan and/or faulty control board ?
I’m angry because the printer has only a few days of use.

Yes Yes all is like always (sice weeks), cool plate selected and all boxes are ticked (not the one for timelaps)

This is a strange one

I get that message on my textured plate only

The only other simple solution I can think of is that the code on the cool plate itself is not being picked up by the scan

Perhaps if you put on a fresh cool plate decal it will pick it up and go back to normal

If you’ve already done that it becomes…less simple :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

when printing on the textured PEI sheet, an HMS error is thrown each time -

I think that the message should be shown, but should not count as an error or warning, since it is an expected event. Instead just be “informational”, so it doesn’t show up as a red dot in the information panel.

1 Like

I was under the assumption that the firmware cannot be rolled back.

Apparently the firmware can be rolled back.
In the announcement for beta testers from Bambu , there was a question about rolling back firmware if there are issues. The Bambu lab employee replied that it could easily be done.
Here’s a link to the thread. Click the link and see the response to the first question .

And how? I would read it in that way that it can be reverted if you are in the Beta programm and something goes south.

For ‘regular’ users, we have to rely on updates coming from the cloud.

2 Likes

We are supposed tobe quiet about the beta test thing, no ?

I think he only refers to open information - and in the same time may missinterpreted the text .-)

1 Like

Since the update, the light in chamber is weaker? I almost can’t see the print cause is to dark …

They may have brought it down to help the LIDAR. There have been reports of bright rooms or lights causing LIDAR errors. I imagine direct sunlight could cause it to go crazy. Haven’t had an issue myself but my room isn’t bright.

2 Likes

I should be careful then just installed super bright lighting in my office / print room

1 Like

Well, I would suspect it happens more on darker filaments as there’s less contrast to the black background of the plate. I would think it would struggle more with them, but that’s a WAG …

Also assuming Bambu plates, some like the WhamBam aren’t black. As is usual in this crazy 3D world things get complex fast, LOL

3 Likes