Hmm. The anneal is something I’ve not tried. It’s first time to heat wouldve been also with the added pressure from the packed balls. You’ve given me hope, I’m off to the lab!
I’ve been also thinking about trying to recharge silica. I got an old toaster oven that got retired recently. It can have 2 13x8 inch baking trays at once. I haven’t tried it yet because of a few concerns
- How long do I need to roast desiccant for?
- Does it off-gas nasty while cooking?
- Will it heat up the printer room from running the oven for too many hours and degrade the filament I’m trying to protect
Thanks for the graph, did a reverse image search on it and I think I found its original source. Below are 2 info pages on the IMPAK Corporation website I found quite interesting.
The maximum temperature of my oven probably exceeds the temperature generated by the heating element in the FilaDC by far, but I just can’t get it to 300°C. @Alex_vG thinks I’ll get most of the moisture out of the sieve at 240°C so I’ll give it a try.
I microwave mine every few months but after a week at A or B in my ams 1 it is back to D