How to entice people to rate?

These were two I remember.

1 Like

If I was one of the downloaders, sorry for not rating.
I either edit the print settings or create them from scratch. Not because the maker was wrong (in many cases, I could put my hand on fire that the profile would work even without printing) or worse than mine, but because I like to do it and feel more comfortable doing it than inspecting every detail of the published profile.

I use Boost for compensation. Maybe itā€™s not ideal and certainly not enough to be fair with all.

I also receive the Handy and MW alerts to evaluate the preset, and I know I could and would benefit from rating the profiles and likely wouldnā€™t be caught. I am no saint, but I am currently trying not to misbehave and avoid the points fever (not trying to criticise).

3 Likes

I think there should be a model rating and a profile rating. Because I do basically the same thing. I pretty much only ever print from my PC. So I download and adjust settings. I rate the profile on the model and less on the profile. Id say most people have a preference on how many walls and what layer heights and infill. Iā€™m not sure a profile should be dinged because it has different settings than what someone prefers. For instance I like to print with a .6mm nozzle. Its unfair for me to rate a model based on my preferences.

1 Like

Nothing helps raise a fever like a big box of free filament and parts. :grin:

1 Like

Case in point. New model:
Zero profile ratings yet. :person_shrugging:
Itā€™s clearly doing well, so who cares, but I find it odd.

Definitely odd. if this were one of my models I would have had multiple ratings by this point. How long of a print is this and is there any assembly required?

Super weird?! (25 character )

Itā€™s an 7.3h print, but assembly is trivial 10 seconds, if that.

My skeleton did not get a rating until it was ~100 downloads and 50something prints in either. The octopus is breaking records :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

thats wild to me. I have a rating on my 9 Download and 4 print Eevee Head deck box.

1 Like

Iā€™ll pretend itā€™s SO much fun that people forget to rate.
Or, the print is so long and boring that it is deadly. ā€œHey it finally finished printingā€ are every userā€™s last words before they collapse, so they donā€™t have chance to rate.

3 Likes

Main issue: ratings are for print profiles, not models. Second, you can only rate if you do so meaningfully at the end of the print, if youā€™re ā€œin a rushā€ and start another print quick before you rememberā€¦ makes no sense anymore. Third, it makes no sense in the first place since almost all files I download Iā€™ll actually make changes to the print settingsā€¦ yet I can still rate the profile iā€™m not using.

The whole system is broken.

Rating a print profile after two or three have reported that it works also makes no sense.

It either does work or it does not.

Plus, and this is the most important.

The AVERAGE USER believes they are reviewing the MODEL, not the Print Profile. This can be seen in the reviews when they respond extolling the modelā€™s virtues and how much fun it is.

3 Likes

I wish there was a better way for them to rate the model. Obviously boosts sort of work for this but people definitely think they are reviewing the model by placing a rating.

I get one a month on this. Updated the design and they have pretty good(ish) mabye sorta numbers and almost no reviews.

I donā€™t know if I care. I guess I do, but do I?

I created this to test on one of my prints.
It has a bit of help from AI because Iā€™m on my first cup of coffee and particularly lazy.

If you like it and want to try it feel free.

2 Likes

Today I received this rating.

neat and fun to monkey with

That earned just one star :star:

They obviously made an error, I have reached out to them to see if they will rate it appropriate to their comment.

Failing that, I will ask MW to remove it as it is misinformation because it doesnā€™t represent their actual view or the quality of the print profile.

The point I wish to make.

Where is all the AI when it comes to print profile reviews? Why is there not some AI magic determining intent doesnā€™t match action and prompt the user to see if they wish to correct it?

I thought MW was all in on AI?

Whilst I am mini-ranting, why are print profiles not benefiting from an AI confirming the image provided is actually of a printed model and not solely renders?

Drifting offtopic butā€¦

They have the ability to determine a print event ā€œcompletedā€ for a rating to be allowed, one step further and you have evidence youā€™ve printed the particular file for upload (and may I dare to ask if they could supply the onboard cam pic at finish). It could be incentivised as a fast track to bypass a manual moderation for those who donā€™t have a Bambu or donā€™t want to use this function.

1 Like