Update 8/28/2023: BAMBU IS RESOLVING THE ISSUE
They have chosen to help replace the plate as a one off. The customer service rep has printed with the same model but with glue stick (not liquid glue) and had great success in removing the brim. I will be attempting a larger print soon with glue stick on the damaged dual textured PEI plate in hopes to verify this.
Update 8/24/2023: PRINT SUCCESS, BUILD PLATE FAIL/DAMAGED - TICKET CREATED
Black Dual Textured Bambu Build Plate + Bambu Liquid Glue + Large Print w/ Brim + Bambu ASA + Bambu ASA Profile = Fail The build plate is now damaged due to trying to remove the brim that was practically laminated to the surface.
Update 8/23/2023: SUCCESS - UPDATE READ IF YOU OWN A ENCLOSED P1P/P1S/P1PS
To use Bambu’s ASA with Bambu’s Stock ASA Profile Glue Stick or Liquid Glue is REQUIRED on the Textured PEI Plates with these machines listed above. Especially if using the Black Dual Textured PEI Plate.
Bambu should update their tables on the black and gold textured PEI plates for this to be accurate. This doesn’t appears to not matter if you use ASA with an X series.
I was hoping to try out their new ASA they released not too long ago but disappointed I need to calibrate the profile they have for us to use because it simply doesn’t work without intervention. I checked their filament profiles wiki and sales page and saw that the textured bed will work and without glue for ASA.
Well that’s simply not true. I cannot get the print to stay put and when I do get a little adhesion it warps and delaminates. When the part cooling fan kicks in for a 45 degree overhang it delaminates. When the fan kicks in to complete a bridge it delaminates.
Who at Bambu created this profile because it simply doesn’t work? So now I’ve gotta fine tune the settings like I had to with Generic Filament but wasn’t expecting to have to do this with Bambu’s own filament and their own profile. All while wasting the more expensive Bambu ASA to get it dialed in.
Things to know:
- Textured Build Plate
- Yes I cleaned the bed with dish soap and water
- Yes I preheated the chamber for 30-40 minutes allowing chamber to reach 40-45c
- Yes I’ve tried a brim
The closest I’ve gotten so far was with this photo, but that was changing these settings and it still failed anyways.
- Disabled Fan Always on
- Lowered Overhang Fan Speed from 80% to 40%
- Lowered Max Fan Speed from 50% to 20%
Once that bridge started to bridge and that fan kicked on it delaminated from the bed and failed.
I shouldn’t have to mess around and try to get a Bambu filament profile configured for Bambu’s own filament. I can understand tweaking things to make it look better or print faster, but to not even be able to complete a print without modification is disappointing.
Any tips I’m all ears.