MakerWorld Update 2024/01/04

Dear MakerWorld Community,

We are thrilled to announce a new update for MakerWorld with some exciting new features and improvements:

• Personal Model Recommendations (currently available to a select group of users)

• Data Analytics Dashboard

• Improvements for the Search feature

• Separate display for downloads and prints, rather than combining print counts with downloads

• General changes implemented to improve user experience

Click the following link for detailed release notes.

MakerWorld Release Notes | Bambu Lab Wiki

MakerWorld Team

15 Likes

Thank you team! Now I can relieve my brain of doing the analytics in the background :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good and useful update! Thank you Bambu!

1 Like

Anyone else having issues with video on mobile and desktop? It was working yesterday.

Thank you so much for this great update!

Just an FYI, my analytics page is looking like this:

I’m pretty sure this is a bug as there’s a lot of zeroes and negative likes :crazy_face:

People removing a like from your model is not a bug.

I don’t believe that’s how it works. The analytic page should show total likes for the model. It’s not a counter that shows whenever somebody unlikes a model. The lowest it could be is zero.

I.e., I have a model with 1 like. The analytics page should show 1 like. Then someone unlikes the model, the page should show 0 and not -1.

These are the correct counts:

The hanging decorations reflect the analytics page but the others do not. I do believe it’s a bug.

In terms of the ANALYTICS section. Must be a bug in this data. Its a useful addition but there are some errors and inconsistency. The data shown in some of the graphs does not correspond with the figures shown in the actual model page. Maybe its just me but it seems a bit unreliable at this stage. Its a good move but needs some refinement.

I’m not clear on the difference between a download and a print? I assume every print has a corresponding download, but not every download was necessarily printed?

Look at the date range. It doesn’t start from the beginning of time.

Since the start period you have lost people liking and collecting.

2 Likes

I would love to see a button to put some post to my personal favorites .

People can download a file without printing. This would be 1 download.

People can use the same downloaded file (3MF) to print the same item 86 times, this counts for 86 prints.

3MF files that are downloaded can be tracked as printed, but regular STL or STP files won’t have corresponding prints related to them since they can’t be tracked by the slicer. Same with items that are sent over SD card transfer, they won’t be able to be tracked for prints.

How about LAN mode? Someone who uses LAN mode will never have a print they use from Makerworld recorded as printed. (Because they can only download stl rather than 3mf file) Am I correct with this?
This can really throw out the actual downloads and prints of someone’s design.

Do you really think that a large majority of folks are not using wifi to send their prints to their printers?

If I was to put on my conspiracy theory tinfoil hat there is probably a handful of folks, a fractional percentage who fall into this category. I don’t think it’s going to change the outcome very much

3 Likes

I really have no idea who uses LAN or not. I was simply asking the question.
There will still be plenty of people who have privacy concerns around the whole Bambu ecosystem.
I tried to go LAN mode and I couldn’t get a connection to my printer. Seems LAN mode is very hit and miss anyway. Whether that’s by design or not?

1 Like

What am I? An idiot sandwich. Thanks for pointing the date range out.

1 Like

Includes the personal Model reccommendation Models of designers wich are you following? Still missing this feature, because otherwise getting a follower doesn’t mean anything more than a like.

“Includes the personal Model recommendations Models of designers wich are you following?”
Yes, models from your following designers will be included in the recommendation.

It will be opened for more users next week.

1 Like

Since your update, I lost something around 80% of my download counter.
A model wich had 900 downloads now shows 300.

This kinda affects the popularity and the placing when sorted for downloads!

Have a ticket for this but you dont seem to respond to it.
It seems iam not alone with this and you have this problem for a while now.

Hi @I3Design ,

We have explained in the release notes that there has been a change in the display of download counts, and this rule will be applied to everyone’s models.
So it won’t have much affect on the model sorting.

As the community suggested, we consider adding a “Popularity” sorting type (the total score of downloads, prints, liked, etc.).

1 Like