New Makerworld.cn

Cue foot stomping and pouting that the rollout on day 1 wasn’t 100%. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Well I wasn’t born with these pouting lips, not to use them. :pouting_man:

2 Likes

I thought the heatwave only affects parts of US :slight_smile: Chill out, folks.

2 Likes

Only 5 of my 11 eligible models have been synced so far, but I have my first .cn follower.
Shout out to 的确良 :grinning:

6 Likes

I have my first print from the cn site. My cherry is popped. The start of a new era. :face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

Mine is all sync, but I hope they use DeepL API, not Google Translate API.

1 Like

I just got a message on the cn site where someone said they aren’t able to watch my assembly video on YouTube. Do they normally not have access to YouTube in China? Do you think Bambu Labs will eventually copy the video to the appropriate Chinese site or is that something that I’ll have to find a solution for?

Yup, further up the thread…

https://www.bilibili.com/ is a popular alterative.

1 Like

I just noticed analytics now have a graph for points from glb and china site.

2 Likes

Thanks for all your support for MakerWorld China. Due to the sheer amount of models that need to be synced to our new site, it might take a while for all of your models to appear on MakerWorld China. We kindly ask for your patience on this matter, thanks a lot!

7 Likes

Very nice work MW team! All the model descriptions are translated to Chinese text, even the tags! :+1:

It appears that the CN site requires a phone number (presumably CN number) to register and login, so probably global users won’t be able to cross over.

I’m trending in China :smiling_face_with_tear:
Seriously though, love that Chinese users can now utilise their printers to a fuller extent.

1 Like

I believe there are some problems with the model synchronization. Some descriptions are outdated, and some images are not loading. Furthermore, when I search for a model I published, it doesn’t show up in the search results yet.

Thanks. Using translation tools, I was able to navigate bilibili to get to the registration dialog box, entered +1 for the country code along with my phone number so that I could get a confirmation code for the signup but unfortunately something is filtering the messages and I’m not getting the code to complete the registration. :frowning_face:

mine just arrived in my junk email box
- Your bilibili Verification Code, which will expire after 10 minutes.
If you didn’t request this code, you can ignore this message.

bilibili

It’s so true that when it DOES go as planned everyone thinks “Wait… that can’t be right… did we miss something?”

1 Like

Find and replace Makerworld.con with Makerworld.com.cn. I have a model footer that literally is supposed to reduce model scraping or whatever, it says “posted on makerworld.com

:sob:

(Filler text - puppies are cute!)

I think it’s makerworld.com.cn my dns doesn’t have an entry for makerworld.cn (maybe it has not updated yet?)

1 Like

Yup, this is correct. I’m too lazy to type the com. Lol