New Makerworld.cn

Are you able to register using an email address? It looked to me like I could only register using a mobile number.

I registered with my email and id assume phone number would be for the app
Screenshot 2024-06-19 143638

1 Like

Thanks. I went through it again and it still wanted a phone number to signup but it actually sent the verification code this time. So I believe I’ve got an account.

You also get the option to use a google / facebook account / login / linked on a phone (im on pc)

@MakerWorld It looks like I’m already getting comments from users in MW CN that I would love to respond to and help answer questions regarding my models. Do you think we will be able to sign in with our MW Global account soon so that we can reply to our uses in China from our account? Or get access to get “GLB_” version of our account? Cheers,

3 Likes

Another issue: I have links from one model to another on MakerWorld.com. Currently, these links do not update, so the model pages on MakerWorld.com.cn still link back to the MakerWorld.com website instead of to the corresponding pages on MakerWorld.com.cn.

2 Likes

I thought I had a solution for the links to models on MakerWorld.com

I changed all the links from absolute links to relative links. They work on MakerWorld.com.cn but that is only if the model exists on the site. That is kind-of ok but the main problem is that the relative links don’t work in the Bambu Handy app. :frowning_face:

Edit: And I’ve found another big problem with relative links or links in general. The model id numbers are not shared between the MW and MW CN. For links between models on MW, they are going to have to convert the model numbers in the URLs to the new model numbers on MW CN.

1 Like

Another minor detail I find cool about MW CN is the automatic playback of GIFs. In contrast, MW GLB requires hovering over the GIFs or visiting the model page to view them. I believe it would be beneficial to offer this as an optional setting, especially since it enhances the mobile web or app experience more than the full-page view.

1 Like

Oh wow, my account finally showed up with the GLB, only 5 of mine transferred so far, all zeros, but yeah there’s lots of very important questions to be answered here about accessing our GLB doppelgänger accounts to update and interact with users.
Thanks everyone for the sleuthing!

We already had auto-playing GIFs here, and luckily that feature has been disabled. I hope this will happen with the China version too.

How are models selected to sync?
I have published 85 models on makerworld-com while on the Chinese site there are only 18.

1 Like

Do you have access to “your” Makerworld.com.cn account or did the edits on Makerworld.com appear that fast on the chinese site?

拓竹一直在努力,我们都看得到。希望你们成为璀璨的国货之光!

@Makerworld:
How long does it take for new uploads to the global site to sync with the Chinese site?

有个问题,原网站用户自行设置的收藏夹好像没有转移,我的收藏夹是空的,收藏夹的分类也没有了。

No, I don’t have access to login to my account on Makerworld.com.cn yet.
I just edited the pages on Makerworld.com and waited 10 or 15 minutes and they would show up on the other site.

Ok, on a statistical basis of 1 I can now answer my question myself: it took about 30 hours for my latest upload to be synchronized with Makerworld.com.cn.

I have a model uploaded on the 17th (that I specifically uploaded for the launch of MW China), that is still yet to sync, so at this point, its still completely random.

1 Like

Out of my 30 published models, only 14 have synced and only 3 of them have any activity recorded (likes, collects, downloads, prints). Kind-of interesting is they have selected one of mine as a featured model which isn’t a featured model on the MW site.I hadn’t considered they’d have a different editorial selection on the site but I guess that is obvious. That model is also one of mine that has a YouTube video that I haven’t been able to convert to an MW CN compatible site yet.

1 Like

Congrats on the featured model. I had the same, a model tending and featured on the CH site, and that same model on Com site not featured, even though it has well over double the downloads. Not complaining though.