Project to automatically remove parts from build plate

OK, back to waiting then. c’est la vie I suppose. :man_facepalming:

If you had Jobox working on the A1/A1-Mini, I could just sell my Prusa MK3, buy an A1 with AMS, and then get the same end-result that way.

So, either way, good luck!

Thanks :slight_smile: I will ping you once it’s released. :v:

1 Like

Yep! Same on the A1M. At 40C the code was executed although I had 30C written.

Hi, really cool what you guys are experimenting with here! I’m not familiar enough with the components and code at this point to be of any help, but I had an idea that I don’t think has been mentioned so far (sorry if I missed it!)

First I thought it would be cool to just have a piece of filament (or a wire cable, for strength) anchored to the front of the case on one side, and connect it to an extruder on the other side. So it essentially lays in a loop around the build plate and then, once the plate has cooled, winds in the filament/cable and “pulls” everything towards the front. Unfortunately there are lead screws that get in the way of that idea, particularly the rear one.

So that got me thinking about a similar setup, but in reverse, so it pushes the items off the bed. Picture this (hopefully my description will be enough lol):

Two extruders in both rear corners, towards the bottom. Each has a length (maybe 500mm) of flat spring steel around 10mm in height (like a metal ribbon) with one end anchored next to the extruder and the other end feeding through the teeth of the extruder.
When the print finishes, it lowers to the correct height and cools. Then both extruders feed the spring steel ribbons towards the build plate. The ribbons meet and push against each other, so as more is fed it starts to push towards the front of the plate and fill the enclosure…

I tried to do a quick graphical representation :laughing: I hope it makes sense For some reason I can’t upload images or links to the forum :man_shrugging: so - imgurDOTcom/zfiyelm

Hi folks, as announced here is the GitHub for the GCODE-Mixer app.

You can download it or run directly on GitHub.

I added some customization functions based on what I read above so in the advanced options of the app you can define specific lines which should be disable in the processed GCODEs. I can imagine this could be usable to speed up the preparation routine of the printer by disabling leveling and other calibration in the follow up jobs.

I tested it already and everything seams to work just fine but I would say the app is still in a beta stage, so may be it will be reasonable to keep an eye on what it throws out, at least at the beginning :sweat_smile:.

4 Likes

Blockquote

I recently purchased a P1S with the intent to start a farm if I can automate the bulk of the work.

As far as queuing goes (and other things like notifications with images attached, etc) it should be both possible and easy using Home Assistant.

I’ve been using it for the better part of the last decade reliably to automate a myriad of things around the house.

nice
post Be kind to your fellow community members.

Just published a short preview of the upcoming automation system…

@Biocraftlab @NVNDO @NeverDie

I’m new to gcoding where at in the a1 settings would I put the codes at? I know how to find the page for gcoding.

I achieved this automatic goal today entirely accidentally.

I had left a 43-piece model on the build plate of an A1 before sending another job to it.

I heard the crash from another room! Everything was on the floor

I don’t think mine counts though.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome :v:
Brief question, what are you planing to do? Printing a part and pushing it from the build plate? Which printer model do you use?
Generally the clearing gcode can be placed in the end-gcode (located in printer settings).

Funny storry :blush::+1: but seriously, I would say that A1 has one of the most robust x-axis I seen so far, making it the most favorable candidates for such clearing among BambuLab printers. Combined with an cooling fan activated machanically by some axis movement would result in a good automation approach.

Thanks for the timely topic. My A1 Mini arrives this week and first project is a replicating print that gets pushed from the bed.

1 Like

Hello, I am new to this forum, I am excited to be able to automate my bambulab A1mini

The same thing happens to me, I have S35 on and at 45 degrees the piece comes out, can anyone solve it?

To contribute, I have customized the start code and final gcode

in start gcode:

-inserted a purge between each piece, so we don’t have to do the same purge in the bed.
-I have disabled the purge line in the code

in final gcode:
-When the printing is finished, I retract 15mm of filament, so that it does not remain on top of the bed later when I do the calibrations.
-I have disabled the hotend so that it turns off completely after finishing each piece
-Now the hotend waits in the purger, “and the part is hit with the bar and not with the extruder ithink is better”

When I have it well debugged I will post my code in case anyone is interested