Sleep mode

Is there a safety or technical reason not to have a sleep mode on the printers? For all the time when the machine isn’t printing or cooling down it seems like a waste of power and unnecessary wear and tear to run the fan and light.

My request would be a sleep/standby mode that can be toggled from Bambu Handy or the power button on top of the X1 (not sure what the P1P has), and wake-on-network when Bambu Studio needs to talk to the printer.

Maybe this would satisfy Less noisy fans or Power button should turn machine off and on?

Seems like a standard feature but I figured I should ask instead of just assuming it’s already a planned milestone on a roadmap somewhere. Is there a public BL roadmap?

1 Like

I live in Europe. Prices on electricity have risen, and now it is very expensive (when the wind ain’t blowing).
The princip is: Use the electricity you need, but don’t use electricity you don’t need. Engineers have to think of that. Before EU force them too.

EDIT: My desktop computer uses 13 watt per hour in sleep mode. Doesn’t sound of much, but imagine millions of computers consuming 13 watt per hour, for no good reason. A huge waste.

I completly backup that request.
A ‘Put to sleep’ button on the Bamby Handy app and a timer that would put the printer to sleep when not used.

I would also appreciate a less consuming sleepmode.
I tried measuring the current available sleepmode with a watt meter - it still consumes approx. 9 watt in sleep mode. Still too much.
Please anhance this feature - e.g. by turning of light automatically and AMS leds in sleep mode.
Thanx for a great product.

Yes please, a sleep mode would be great.

Definitely, sleep after print complete would be nice :+1:

What do most people do. Leave the printer powered on with the switch in the rear or turn it off at night?

Welcome to the forum.

Personally I have all of my printers connected it’s own Wifi plug and power them down when not is use. This way I can also remotely power them up/shut them down.

3 Likes

Same as Jon. (Got to have more characters.) :blush:

1 Like

I very quickly found out, and was very quickly annoyed, by the fact that a machine as otherwise advanced as the X1C is there was no automatic going into sleep mode and the only actual power switch is inconveniently located a the back of the machine. Even worse whether video recording is on or not the logo light and side light are always on during a print. The logo light requires being comfortable enough to go into the nozzle settings for each friggin nozzle and edit the gcode there. Then there’s no way to keep the chamber light off. I’ll shut it off manually but when a print finishes it goes right back on.

As Bambu has dropped the ball in this area and seems completely unresponsive to people’s request to fix the oversight I have made quite comfortably due with smart plugs I can control from an app. What’s better is from the app you can set conditions to turn multiple smart plugs on or off. So when a print finishes I know the printer is using less than 20 watts. It’s generally lower than this but there’s a slight variance up and down depending on what fans are running or not. 20 watts gives plenty of cushion for the high end and is any case far, far less than what it draws while printing. When it dips below that threshold it turns off the printer and the bentobox hepa filter inside which is plugged into a connected smart plug. When it rises above the 20 watt threshold it knows the printer is gearing up and turns power back on for the bentobox filter. Any of the smart plug bundles on Amazon will do. Just choose the size and shape that suit your situation best.