Speculation about new printer announcements

I wonder if they will do it at rapid+TCT, that takes place April 8-10

He’s got internal undisclosable sources … sort of inside trading like :wink:

he could tell you, but then he’ll have to shoot you

while we wait, here’s what just arrived

will see how it prints in the weekend :slight_smile:

were you notified of the delivery in advance by a shipping service provider?

Yes, I got the DHL notification once they created it for shipping and then the regular updates from DHL

have you received notification from anycubic that they have sent out the goods… it is here from 1-10.03 with the delivery, but at the moment I am worried that they will make it…

That was what I was saying, the first email confirmation was from them, when they created the tracking number, I got a your order is one the way from anycubic when they created it (Feb 27th) and it arrived today

It’s old news. Bambu’s CEO announced 2025Q1 as the new shipping date…after missing the previously announced shipping date. Not even a peep from him since then.

I just ordered the BBL A1 (No AMS). What upgrades should I print for it?

Please ask that on a different thread, or find a thread where it has already been discussed. Try the search tool.

what’s in the mystery box that came with it?

Nothing came with it :man_facepalming:I already opened a ticket, It was just the standard combo, not even filament was sent…

that’s sad… or we have interprested mysterybox wrong… maybe the mysterious thing is that there is nothing else in the box :joy::see_no_evil: which country are you from?

yeah let’s see what they say… i’m from Portugal

I would definitely be interested to hear what they have to say about it… I have just written to them because they haven’t sent anything to me yet, which is why I have to assume that the goods will not be delivered by 10.03. at the latest as promised…

My filament (the 50%) came the day after my combos. The mystery box(included when you got in on original founders sale), came about a week later, no notification.

oh ok good to hear, i’m hoping it will be the same for me then as i did buy on launch day and it was supposed to have a bunch of extra stuff

what did you get in the “mistery box”?

I got the Bluetooth speaker kit that you print the replica S1, I received two, cause I bought two combos. As far as I know, that’s all anyone has received in the mystery box here in the US.

One S1 combo, I got the 50% off Pantone, which it was all 4 Pantone colors. The other combo I select 50% off PLA+, I received to black and two gray. Not real exciting, but I can always use the black and gray. All filament was RFID and recognized by Ace.

So far my S1’s have been great, other than occasionally the Ace unit stops the spool retraction before it stops the filament retraction, which then bunches up in the Ace. Hopefully a firmware update fixes it. Then there’s the irritation of watching the Ace cycle through all spools, before going back to whatever color you sent your print in, not so bad on a single Ace, but sitting through an 8 spool cycle before it starts to print, really adds to the print time. I’m assuming a firmware can address this too, as the Kobra 3 didn’t do this.

This is one of those oft overlooked details: are the magnets strong enough? I have yet to hear even one reviewer of any printer ever comment about it. Yet, it matters. And obviously the bigger the build plate, the more it will matter. The magnetic backer on my Flashforge 5M Pro is just a magnetic sheet, and it can taco on even PETG. Esta taco es no bueno!

I remember on my Prusa MK3 they used really strong rare earth magnets that nearly guillotined my fingers whenever I put on the build plate. However, it was definitely a feature, not a bug.

A couple of days ago I ordered some of the wam bam carbon fiber build plates: one for my X1C and one for another printer. Hopefully they are rigid enough that the magnet strength won’t matter much. Yet, if it’s at all flexible, there will doubtless be a vulnerability to at least some tacoing unless the underlying magnets are strong enough to hold it flat.

Here’s a generic concern I have regarding bolt-on “options”: how harmonized is it with the default design? For instance, last I heard (from Aurora Tech Channel’s review of the Thinker X400), the default design has glass panels for the front door but acrylic panels on the top and sides.

Well, checking the HDT for acrylic, it turns out to be 80C:

Now, granted, the acrylic panels may not be carrying much load (maybe only their own weight), but 80C isn’t a lot of headroom over 70C. If the air inside isn’t constantly well mixed, one can imagine that a hotspot might develop which approaches 80C, or maybe higher.

I presume they’ll do it right, but I guess my point is that I want a 3D Printer that has been designed by a competent system engineer whose job it is to take into account possible conflicts such as this and balance trade-offs to yield a good overall design. Blithely adding optional components that may not have been considered in the original design… Just sayin’ that it’s no longer the printer that was sent to early reviewers, so now their feedback is no longer on-point, so how can one any longer evaluate the offer? In this particular case, even without the “options”, it’s going to be a different printer because of announced changes to make it more manufacturable.

Of course, it could all work out just fine… or it could be a disaster like the Orange Storm Giga, which seems to still be a mess more than a year after it launched. At some point most China 3D printer companies just seem to quit trying to fix a bad design (a recent example was maybe(?) the comgrow T500) and move on to a new printer and leave the broken one broken–tough luck for the customers who trusted the company when they bought it. Adding to the outrage is they may continue selling it anyway. Creality was (maybe still is) famous for doing that. I would argue that the Qidi X-Max 3 has one or more flaws in its design relating to bed leveling that prevents it from printing a “perfect first layer” without changing how it’s configured, but Qidi just won’t seem to admit to it. So, users have been left to devise their own workarounds. It has garnered mostly positive reviews, so there’s almost nothing to tip you off. The Qidi Plus 4 has apparently solved those problems, but the X-Max 3 is still selling…

Maybe I’m jaded, but I cite these examples as ample reason to be both vigilant and skeptical.