Don’t forget that the outside surfaces of the panels are in contact with room air that’s likely tens of degrees cooler
Points well taken.
One thing though:
The outside surfaces of the panels are in contact with room air that’s likely tens of degrees cooler, conducting/convecting heat out of the panels, so they’ll be cooler than the air inside the chamber.
but that temperature difference is exactly what causes warping in panels. The inside of the panel expands more than the outside. Its a larger problem the larger the printer is too. Its why I spent $950 on super thick polycarbonate panels for my ratrig. Polycarbonate just doesnt like UV, so its usually coated with uv resistant “something”
The prusa core ones door is polycarbonate also. Same reason
or, as ai puts it.
Warping is a different issue than HDT.
The dT between the inside and outside of the panels would cause curvature; not sure if the magnitude is an issue.
@StreetSports 's example is an even better example than mine of unexpected consequences, as it’s something I never would have thought of. It’s why you can’t be sure without testing the actual configuration, no matter how innocent sounding a change might seem.
It all boils down to risk. So, how big a risk are we talking about? I would guestimate that more than 50% of creallity printer models are eventually found to have design problems that interfere with print quality. Not sure. Maybe even 80%. Let’s call it 50-80%. No matter, any number is that range is a pretty high percentage. I pick creality because it has had a large number of models it has released, so law of large numbers and all that. Based on that, I’d say the odds are pretty high for an “average” 3d printer from China, if one assumes Creality is more or less a typical 3D printer manufacturer. But it’s a very unscientific way to estimate odds. Just quick and dirty.
Maybe there’s a better way. Seems about right though.
In the case of ratrig, the top corners peel back and release all the heat from the chamber. Causing the print to fail but also causing a rapid temp shift in the panels. Probably why they chose to not include the panels. And their sister company uses metal panels
- 0%
- 10%
- 20%
- 30%
- 40%
- 50%
- 60%
- 70%
- 80%
- 90%
- 100%
This video sums things up pretty well in a very humorous way:
Hint: it’s funny because it’s so true!
I’m sure a lot of us can relate to his experience.
Well, anyway, it was true up to maybe a few months ago. It’s the reason why I’m waiting on pins and needles to hear what new thing Bambu will announce rather than just run off and buy today.
This 100%. I started with an Anycubic Vyper and thought I got a steal for a printer under $200 with auto bed leveling, but spent far more time working on the printer than I did printing things. It made me realize that my hobby is 3D printing, not 3D printers. Got an A1 combo and couldn’t see myself going back to another brand now. Planning on getting the new printer combo and an extra AMS. Heck I might get more than just 1 extra, if the patents are to be believed they’re also 4-spool heated dry boxes with fans! print some desiccant pouches and never worry about humidity again (never under 50% indoors here even on the best days)
I’ve been eyeing that scanner too. Traditionally I’d be a photogrammetry evangelist, but that scanner looks gooooooood, and based on the reviews, it is good.
It’s weird because traditionally I have a bit of a negative view of creality. I had to talk myself into looking past that. ![]()
Bambu is creating some good competition. I personally think that means theyre all trying harder. If not, theyll go out of business
This is an interesting point.
Back in the day, pre Bambu and Klipper. I had my Prusa MK2 and really wanted a MK3, but the Prusa’s were just too expensive. I ended up with the Vypers because they were so cheap. I use to pine to afford a MK3, but now the X1C cost more.
I mean in reality you can still get a cheap 3d printer. You can get an A1 Mini or A1 without the AMS for a good price. Bambu has changed the perspective of pricing though. Spending as much as 1k on a printer doesn’t seem as crazy now. When I purchased my X1C, it was a tall glass of money to choke down, but since owning it, those cost don’t seem so outrageous, and the cost of Prusa’s offerings seems decently affordable. I imagine on the baselines people are paying more now too, since the perception is you can’t get an A1/A1 Mini without the AMS! So even though they’re some of the cheapest printers, the extras are still pushing the price higher.
I just cant wait for the new bambu. I want to feel the same feeling i felt when i printed that first benchy on my p1p. Im addicted. Then we can watch everybody slowly try and catch up over the next 2 years again.
I will 100% agree that bambu is the 1 company that I can count on consistantly making great stuff. They even gave bedslingers their sexy back, when everybody was starting to trash on them.
Ive been beating on the k2 plus and have had 2 solvable problems that probably would have stumped someone thats new to the hobby.
Before I got my BBL I wanted a Prusa MK4. I was saving up for it and was going to buy it, However it didn’t work out and I got the A1 mini instead (This was before the A1 was released). I do not regret it at all. I could buy the A1 that has slightly better performance than the Mk4 three times over for the price of one assembled Mk4. Why?
Agreed. Bambu is going to kick trash even harder when the new one comes out.
Imagine If Apple released a printer. What would it be called? What would It look like? Size? Price?
Introducing… the APPLE3D
Nozzle and Print bed sold separately. ![]()
iPrinter, MacPrinter, iMac3D, Apple’nExtruder,…and several versions derived from that … eventually, Apple might demonstrate some creativity and could call them ¡Ay, caramba!…the choice is huge.
![]()



