Speculation about new printer announcements

At factory settings .12 the kobra x actually surprised with a decent quality.

Machine stop gcode needs some love, it leaves a “stringy kiss” at the end where the job terminates. But other than that, quality seems alright. Very low vfa on a known model with no tuning, which… for a 300 dollar printer… is in fact pretty good. Can you spot on this model where I unplugged the machine to test power loss?

Layer right below the mouth. Not bad. Still wouldn’t rely on it but one of the better results I’ve seen.

I also took apart the extruder a little to explore, it looks like an absolute nightmare to maintain (ala h2d wiring) so here’s hoping it is robust.

i thought it would print four colors ! not only orange. is it a prusa ?

I’m not the kind of madman that tests maximum complexity first, lol. I confirm along the way to max complexity.

It’s working on a longer single color now, and will then go to multimaterial pla, then multimaterial petg+tpu.

Wierd thing I noticed - the presliced gcode does not produce a prime line. Nor does default settings from their orca-skinned slicer. Next print I’m going to be present and observe the startup sequence.

On the subject of prime lines but offsubject of Kobra x, the ECC2 does prime lines great - it purposely makes a bulge and raised edge so you can sweep it off effortlessly. Other vendors should take note :slight_smile: If you’ve ever had a prime line get itself stabbed under your fingernail :slight_smile: . ECC2 has some pretty gnarly coreXY teeth vfa though that I’ve been unable to tune out, so its not all rainbows and sunshine. Way moreso than the ECC1 which is… puzzling since theyre mostly the same

Very cool. Ratrig makes a little Hershey kiss in the corner, for prime.

I tried a lot of vendors printers recently and I gotta say, maybe my standards for software are too high, but Bambu is so far at the top of the stack for user experience. I almost vomit in my mouth saying that because I was so sure that I would find a vendor who had hired a single ux designer. Alas. None are any good, all junk in their own way! Why can’t these schmucks just release on klipper with an orca profile, and sober up a developer long enough to create a touchpad UI that has useful and responsive user controls. Arghhh i feel my standards melting awaaaay

Keep your standards as high as possible. It will not only save your hard earned money from being spent on sub-standard machines, but it will also help create some level of pressure on some manufacturers to develop better quality products, for reasonable prices.

Pretty sure they just hire a contractor from a local highschool to write the touchpad UI .

Yes, those stupid inane comments on the screen of my P2S drive me mad! A clock or something would be far more useful…

The H series can display the camera output on the control. Would be a back saver for people with printers below the waist. Only works while using the laser.

Saw this while scrolling on reddit this morning. Picture looks to be real, ie, no obvious signs of editing or AI usage.

The guy claims that this was delivered to a Microcenter. So I guess we might see it soon. Kinda weird that they are shipping before the announcement.

I am going to ask my buddy that works at MC and see if I can get any details.

Doesn’t surprise they ship to authorised retailers in advance as they want them to have availability at launch, they will be tied under a non disclosure agreement though

I was hoping they would surprise and release an x2c (mini vortek) instead but looks like that x2d it is, guess that will be the next one

Mhhhhh. I would have prefered a X2C… with vortex

Considering we got the H2D before the H2C, if we do see an X2C I’d think this would be the chain of events having the X2D first

I agree, I would have much prefered a single nozzle with the vortek system with 6 or so nozzles, instead of a dual nozzle. The H2D to me seemed like more of a stepping stone to the H2C, but it makes sense that this is the direction they are going.

I was more surprised because I was expecting the announcement to be closer to summer.

I think the two nozzles still make sense, but it would be cool to have a 4 nozzle vortek on the right side to, so one ams 2 for the right and an ams ht for the left, I was pretty convinced this would be the next one to stay competitive with the multi tool heads that are coming out

that being said two nozzles for me are plenty and I love my H2Ds, as don’t really do multicolour, what I like on the vortek is that I have readily available different nozzle sizes not having to manually switch:)

I would like to see the option to have up to at least 8 nozzles. Go big or go home. 6 was an odd number to choose for the H2C. 2 AMS units connected to one nozzle changer would be what I am looking for. (but maybe I am just hoping for something more similar to the INDX system)

My buddy says that they got a pallet of them this morning, but there is no information about pricing in their system yet.

are you sure it is not AI??

i mean you can create something like this from AI:::

This society is going to be ruined by AI if it isn’t already. Not everything is AI.

The packaging in your image does not look like a Bambu packaging. The text is messed up. The design does not follow the leaks. SMH.

look at the Tardis of an AMS.

unreadable text.

I mean obviously… but I am sure if i put more work into the ai picture i can make a better one… that was my point :slight_smile:

Here’s what you do.

  1. Go to your local microcenter dressed up as a worker
  2. Steal a badge from a worker
  3. Climb into the ceiling through the tiles in the bathroom
  4. Sneak over to the back storage
  5. Mission impossible your way in (Making sure not to set of the motion detectors)
  6. See for yourself.