Successful Prints

:musical_note: makin their wayyyyyy the only way they know how, that’s just a little bit more than the law would allow :musical_note:

12 Likes

the-dukes-of-hazard (1)

That was so cool :slight_smile: great print by the way

3 Likes

Peeps bowl for my grandma for Easter.

STL file: Peep Bunny Bowl by ChelsCCT at Thangs

Filament: Bambu Lab Orange PLA Basic for the body and Bambu Lab Onyx Black PLA Sparkle for the eyes.

Print time: 22 hours

8 Likes

You used fuzzy skin ? finish look very nice

Sure did. Slowed down the walls big time too, but left the infill at normal speeds.

I have never tried this because I never seen a print that make me really thing that it was a cool effect, but now I have seen one that make me thinks, woau that’s so cool :slight_smile: so I will try it on my next print

Yeah fuzzy skin is great. Just make sure you do some small test prints with different fuzzy skin settings (bigger and smaller variations) so you can find a look you like.

It will add a lot of time to the print, but turns out pretty good once you dial it in.

https://www.printables.com/model/435482-fuzzy-skin-bambu-studio

1 Like

Another Fab365 model

Printed in Mech Solutions silver PLA

Total time 1.25 hours

Settings are maxed out at 750mms and 20k accelerations 2 walls .2mm layer hight with variable layer hight at .08mm on the finer details (still using the factory hotend and .4mm nozzle but that’s about to change)

What’s that inside BL might be asking ?

Don’t worry about it, just a work in progress lol

8 Likes

@Jrock

That’s awesome! I downloaded the file (Fab365-Safe Vault) and will definetly give it a try.

1 Like

Quality can be improved if the model is printed slower than what I did

Most of the Fab365 models I’ve printed my infill overlap is set to 30% but for this one I reduced the overlap to 10% as extra insurance that the print in place gears and rods move easily

I’m going to print it again at .2mm layer hights with no variable layer hight and run more conservative speeds, it will take longer but look better (VFA’s were very prominent on this print)

All in all though F365 does a fantastic job on all of their models including the free ones and my X1C bangs them out easily

The dragon fly print is really cool too, I’ll post up that one when I get home from work (if I remember :man_facepalming:)

1 Like

Here’s another great model from Fab365

The dragonfly

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But WHY ??? :grin:

Nice job!!

2 Likes

I present my slightly dirty and only a little broken 3DSets Landy.

Everything except the electrics, window glazing, belts, bearings, hardware and tires is printed on my X1C.
Originally, I printed the gears in the front differential in nylon but then switched to a locked axle so I could climb things like this. All of the gears currently installed are Overture PLA Pro black as is all of the suspension and items that are under stress. The “gearbox” is actually a belt reduction box and is also printed with PLA Pro. The body is Overture matte yellow, the roof is Overture matte white while the wheels are polymaker black PC. The spare tire, fender flares and mud flaps are printed with Spidermaker Spiderflex black using the standard TPU settings but slowed down per the directions on the box. The PLA was all printed with 0.12 layer height using the default generic PLA profile. The parking and headlights are printed in transparent PETG and lit with surface mount LEDs that are not very visible in daylight but look pretty cool at night. I have reprinted the door latches in nylon as the PLA wears with use and the doors flop open a lot.

So far, I’ve cracked the roo bar and bumper by smacking a tool box, busted the roof rack by rolling it many times, and lost all 4 motor mount screws which caused the motor to rack and bring my fun to a halt. I’ve also snapped the inner rim off 3 of the “steel” wheels, most likely due to using matte filament. That’s one reason for the alloys printed in PC. Some of the windows are missing, I didn’t glue them in and picking the thing up can push them in, they are a pain to get back into the frame. I did double the tie rod and steering arm, they had way too much flex.

It’s a somewhat capable if not a little fragile crawler. It doesn’t have the best approach and departure angles and can get high centered a bit too easily but it is a blast to motor around the back yard. I’m running the motor and ESC in the kit from RCPrinter with a 2S1P 5200 mAh LiPo.

8 Likes

Remember the General Lee I printed from Fab365 ?

Those files are so rad you can print other accessories

I paid for the Dodge Charger File (the files are cheaper than a coffee and very well designed) and was able to mix and match the free accessories into something fun

I don’t know about you but I like it lol

Its all .2mm layer hight, Bambu sparkle pla black, and Mech Solutions PLA+ silk green and PLA+ silk silver

Sometimes it’s worth it to print a really good file to see if there’s some fine tuning to be done, I see some color bleeding and I’m still working on my top surface quality but it’s not too shabby if I do nerd so myself L🤓L

5 Likes

TurboFan Engine (3D Printable Jet Engine by Catiav5ftw - Thingiverse).
Printers:
→ 2x BambuLab X1C + AMS
Settings:
→ Layer height: 0.2mm or lower, Printing speed: 200-300 mm/s
Photos:

10 Likes

Hi,

Only had the Bambu X1C for a few weeks. This took 4 days (Over multiple parts). All Bambu filament.

Regards

Josh

8 Likes

That’s really awesome!

1 Like

Thanks. Had originally printed a third of the parts on my Creality printers, but when I saw the quality of the prints from the X1C I printed all them again!

Josh

2 Likes

This print is because I love a good challenge
It is the Hades model from Fotis Mint, link is the supported model but I went with the unsupported model and painted on my own supports because this is a tricky one

Grant at 3D Musketeers printed it on his X1C and although the print looked great Hades beard got knocked off during the print plus I did see those layer lines where a booger took a ride but red is actually a difficult color I find as well

Still though, white filament shows no mercy and if there’s a flaw it will show with white

Then Grant said some prints are just better suited for resin printers

#1 Grant hates white filament and #2 hold my doobie because I love a good challenge

As you can see it worked out pretty good and Grant if you see this …ha ha :laughing:

6 Likes