Suggestion for making P1P and X1 LAN only mode work with LAN only

This is a product request so I hope Bambu Lab actually monitors for this.

To Bambu Lab:

Currently the only way to set up a printer for LAN only use is to install Handy (which many of us don’t want of use) and connect the printer to our cloud account, and then to our Wifi. Only then can we configure the printer for LAN only mode.

I would like to suggest an alternative setup proceedure.

1. Allow selecting LAN only mode without already connecting the printer to anything.
  2. LAN only mode if the printer is not already connected to WIFI looks on the SD card for a file named WIFI Credentials.txt and that fill has two lines in it. Line 1 is the WIFI SSID and line 2 is the WIFI password.

It would be simple for the user to create the file on the SD card and that prevents the need to enter that information using Handy which I assume is currently necessary because there is no way on the P1P to even provide an on screen keyboard for entering that information.

The simple change above allows many more potential buyers to consider the Bambu Lab printers because many potential users will not buy a printer requiring cloud connection.

In addition the above solution allows users to connect the printer to a different WIFI LAN without the intermediate steps of turning off LAN mode and reconnecting to the Bambu Lab account in order to connect to a different LAN.

Please make your users happy!

Users:

5 Likes