Timelapse Retrieval

I really want the ability to easily access my Time Lapses from the printers. We want to start sharing them on Socials, but currently the method of removing the SD card and transferring over the time-lapse is a pain. Do we think Bambu Lab will be in the position soon to allow us to easily access this media from Bambu Handy or Bambu Studio, or is there some other limitation I am unaware of?

In the meantime has anyone found an easier way to extract, my printers are pretty much printing 24/7

in Bambu Studio in the Media Tab you can download the Timelaps vids…so…i guess its a user Error

For the P1P? As I’ve checked multiple times

Maybe this does not work for p1p, but in the handy app under settings I can select browse timelapse & view/download them.

Nah doesn’t work for the P1P unfortunately thanks anyway

At the moment the timelapse on P1P is only available via SD card or via FTP. Search the forum for the P1P FTP thread, if you want know how to connect to the P1P via FTP.

1 Like

Not on the P1P. The media tab is empty.

1 Like

I use WinSCP. You can search and find a post on how to access the P1P either here or on the Reddit forum.

1 Like

I got a P1S, and I can download them in Bambu Studio by going to devices and selecting MicroSD Card. It might be different on the P1P, though.

That’s new :slight_smile: latest update has made it so we can now easily acquire Timelapse’s from studio :tada:

I just got my P1S a few days go. It has the newest firmware and I cannot see Timelapse unless I pull the SD card. Bambu Studio is up to date also.

Welcome to the forum.

What version number of Bambu Studio are you using? You can check by going to the down arrow to the right of “File” in the top left corner. Select “Help” and then “About Bambu Studio”

2 Likes

It says Version 1.8.2.56. When I click “check for updates” it says “This is the newest version”.

Do you have the printer in LAN mode?

2 Likes

I don’t believe so. I am printing now, I sent it directly from Bambu Studio. And I am currently watching the camera live as it prints.

This user reported that they couldn’t see the timelapse until after a power cycle of the printer. Might see if this affects you too.

3 Likes

Yep! That did it. I went from zero video’s to 5 after doing a power cycle. Thank you very much Jon!

Yea it’s a little silly, you can’t actually access them remotely because you need to go to the printer anyway to power cycle it…

I’m pretty sure this will be fixed in the future. In the meantime running the printer on a wifi enabled plug lets you remotely power cycle it. I have them on all my printers so I can power them up remotely.

3 Likes