Warped bed :( seems like a common QC issue

Impressive work! With so many other projects, and the still very fresh disappointment of having just bought my P1P with a warped bed, its hard to imagine having the time and motivation to do this, but maybe in a few days. Otherwise its definitely my favorite of my 3 printer so far. I thought my AnkerMake was fast, and it is, but like, sort of clumsily so. It does however have a nearly perfectly flat bed so go figure. Anker probably makes Straight Edge Bars at this point.

I’d like to give the bed “settling” a shot, is it really just setting to 100c for a few hours? No adjustments to relieve any strain or tension anywhere? I haven’t really done any investigating of the construction, simply used my straight edge to find at least a .625 mm low in the center.

Just do a Google seach for goodplate dot de

Seems I joined the curved bed club too :neutral_face:
Must have beed a pretty bad batch of beds they shipped out. My X1C arrived end of Feb.

2 Likes

Auch ich bin ab heute leider mit im Club der verzogenen Druckbetten.

Support Ticket habe ich gerade erstellt… :frowning:

Unfortunately, as of today, I too am in the club of warped print beds.

I just created a support ticket… :frowning:

My bed is also warped… got my x1cc mid feb.
i will wait till qc will sort out the banana beds before i open a support ticket. Worst thing is you get it replaced and its also bent

Theoretically, yes. I think the not-adjusting-anything-else aspect of it is probably important since that ensures you’re replicating actual printing conditions at that temperature. Plus, the only things you could potentially adjust are the three leveling knobs on the underside of the bed and they won’t help with this situation. I definitely noticed that my warping got worse afterwards, but it hasn’t increased or decreased since.

The explanation proposed by @ThanksForAsking is that the plastic used in the bed wasn’t annealed properly for these most recent batches of X1C and P1P printers. So, when the bed is heated and put under repeated stress from printing, it starts to warp. Higher temperatures result in the warping happening faster. Hence their idea to intentionally force that to happen by cranking up the heat and leaving it there for multiple hours, so you’re now in the worst-case scenario and can start working on a temporary fix that might be functional.

Could the warping keep getting worse? Theoretically, but I really hope not. I’m planning to kick off some large print jobs over the next few weeks, while I’m waiting for my replacement bed to ship, and will keep an eye on the warping. I’m in the same “your new bed will ship in four weeks” camp as many of you. Will it actually be four weeks? I’m guessing no, given how messed up international manufacturing and shipping still is. If I get mine by the end of the April, I’ll be fine. I’m not blaming BL for the long lead time, just grumbling in general about the state of the world economy.

1 Like

One thing I cant work out is afrer jumping through all the hoops with BL support of sending log files. photo of warped printed parts etc,
They agree to send me a flat bed by the end of April but their final request parting shot after agreeing to this was to send them a photo of the undeside of my bed.

1 Like

That sounds… scandalous.

That’s interesting. They didn’t ask me for that photo. Makes me wonder if there’s some kind of visible sign of incorrect bed manufacturing and/or installation–if you know what you’re looking for. Could also be that they wanted to see if you had done something crazy with the leveling knobs?

If it is a common issue, they really should think to add a button into the Studio or the firmware that would do a signed bed leveling and that would send datas result back to them.

This would make all the bed replacement process a lot easier.

2 Likes

Yes I could not work it out.
Mine was delivered early Feb.
Maybe they are looking for something that gives a clue to when my bed was made.
Anyway sent a photo several days ago and not had any more contact.
As far as I am aware a new bed will be sent end of April.

poor qualty…

1 Like

outch, that is quite some warp. Is that at heated state or cold?

They also asked me for my second X1C for picture under the bed. For my first one they didn’t ask for that. And I was also told I should get both my bed replacements mid to end of April. Created the ticket for the first X1C on the 2nd Feb and for the second X1C on the 11th March.

1 Like

It is “wIthiN SpEc”

Yeah, within spec if you are printing out only bananas.

2 Likes

Guess there is something on the underside of the bed that shows from what batch they came from.
Dunno…

Or they have no idea what the heck it is that they are asking for. I mean, I am sure at this point they have received enough beds back that they can trace out these different batches.

Seems like a random, nonsensical ask to me. Just more customer service BS time stalling.

“Within spec” :joy:

Seems like a pretty logical question to ask to me.

Manual Bed Leveling / Manual Bed Tramming

1 Like

Yes but an example photo of the angle they wanted only shows one adjuster.

1 Like

If it was so logical wouldn’t they specify to send them pictures of the adjusters specifically than just a random phot of the “underside of the bed”?

Sometimes it is unnecessary to sanitize stupidity. It is okay to laugh and ridicule something which make no sense.

However, maybe you are correct and they need to specify why they want these underside pictures. Who knows. I am not here to argue.

1 Like