Warped bed :( seems like a common QC issue

Likewise. What they playing at?
The last line of my ticket was the next update I will get is when they get tracking they will update me.
I have added to the same ticket asking them to explain their odd action.

Same here - both tickets with my warped beds were set to resolved. It seems it was an automated action.

Just put a ruler across my build plate and finally figured out why my models can spin like a top. Placed a support request for a resolution but after going through this god-awful long thread, it looks like Iā€™ll have a long wait.

Was planning on buying two additional X1Cā€™s but that is now on hold.

2 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s tragic. I have two on hold as well, and by the look of things I am hoping for a Bambu competitor at this point

1 Like

Well, youā€™re in luck then I think. They have plenty of competitors at the moment.

1 Like

Curious, who are their direct competitors that have AMS-like capabilities?

2 Likes

Prusa has MMU2, which is not as user friendly as AMS, but can do 5 filaments instead of 4 and works quite well. Iā€™ve got one, speaking from my experience.

But, to be honest, MK3 is hardly any competition to X1C when talking about print speed or quality, sadly.

1 Like

With a product like 3d Chameleon, I guess nearly anyone could be a competitor in that case.

1 Like

Just tried my first big print. My bed ist warped so badly that the first layer is failing on the left side, even with active bed leveling.
I can see the bed correction working, in the camera itā€™s possible to see the bed moving up and down with head movement (not z-hop), but itā€™s not enough to correct the bad bed.

Thatā€™s terrible for a 1600ā‚¬ printerā€¦

As I can see in this thread even if they send out a new bed itā€™s not getting betterā€¦ I hop someone is working on a tuning bed made out of casted aluminum.

3 Likes

Yup, already in the works. Have someone working on getting an alum bed made. Will be an interesting project, even if it doesnā€™t succeed.

I did receive the Goodplate and it was all broken (thanks USPS!). Contacted @Umuzoo to see what our options are.

2 Likes

Hi @Sayenah long time no see. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thatā€™s really sad your GoodPlate was DOA. Some idiot at the USPS probably tried to fold it in half.

Pls keep us up to date. Cheers!

I must say at least for me the bed mesh leveling works way better on the X1C than the CRTouch on my ender 5, my ender 5 struggles to make a consistent 1st layer thickness even if the bed is maybe roughly a 3rd as warped as the bed on my X1C. Iā€™m not sure if the bed probing on my ender 5 even does anything, I did once test by putting a block under the nozzle when it did the probing and it did print in the air at that spot so I guess it does something But not nearly as well as the X1C can adapt to a warped bed.

1 Like

Same story with mine. Unacceptable for the Price, also contacted customer support a good month ago. Since then waiting for the new improved heatbed. No shipping updates available when they will arrive in the EU Warehouse. So I guess we just need to keep waitingā€¦

2 Likes

ā€žNew improvedā€œ ? Are they aware of the warped beds and said they get new, improved, flat ones ? Is it possible at this point to know you get a improved version of the heatbed and not just the same warped one again ?

1 Like

Looks like ABL is limited to correct 1 layer thickness. I canā€™t print parts wider than 200mm, first layer will fail on the corners and edges.
In the middle all is okay.

3 Likes

Yes, thatā€™s what the support told me. A new improved Version. Weā€™ll see how flat it will beā€¦

gents, shout out to @Umuzoo for being so fantastic! My plate arrived broken and he offered to send me a replacement. What a stand up dude!

I am not joking for all of you suffering from warped beds, contact @Umuzoo for his glass plate. It is an excellent fix for this wretched banana bed problem!

Thatā€™s pretty classy!

@Hauke totally agree with that, the bed leveling should do measurements on the borders of the bed. Did you open an issue on the Bambu Studio Github ?

1 Like

Has anyone here actually tried it? Just curious.

EDIT: I see @penneymick mentioned itā€™s working as expected above.