We Need Better Tools for Managing our Print Farm

Greetings Bambu Lab community,

As a proud owner of 13 P1Ps, I’ve come to appreciate the power and versatility of your printing technology. However, there are a few challenges that I’ve encountered in my printing workflow that I believe could be addressed with some new features. Here are my suggestions:

1. Organize print history by project: It would be great if we could organize our print history by project, rather than just chronologically. This would make it much easier to find the specific files we need to send to our printers.
  2. Pick which printer to send a print to from history: When printing from our print history, it would be helpful to be able to choose which printer we want to send the print to. Right now Bambu Handy picks for us, and if it is the wrong printer… tough.
  3. View print history in Bambu Studio: It would be convenient to be able to view our print history directly in Bambu Studio, rather than having to switch between different applications.
  4. Send print jobs to the cloud to be printed on the next open printer: Finally, it would be great if we could send print jobs to the cloud to be printed on the next available printer. This would streamline the printing process and help us make the most of our printing resources. The way I see this working is that the display panel on a printer will ask me if I want to continue with the next print. I can easy press OK after removing the previous print. There may need to be a way to tag printers with filament type and color to make this work.

I would appreciate any feedback or comments from the community on these features. Please let me know if any of these suggestions resonate with you or if there are other features that you would like to see added.

7 Likes

While I don’t have anywhere near your number of printers, I agree with your suggestions. In particular, your point #2 has been irritating me since my 4th printer. It makes absolutely no sense for the app to randomly choose the printer. It makes the print from history function useless if you have more than 1 printer. I’ve posted about this a few times, apparently to deaf ears. Ahh well, I’m sure they’ll fix it at some point.

1 Like

I did receive a reply on a support ticket for the app, Bambu Handy, that this was being worked on.

They should easily being able to offer a cloud portal where you can manage a print farm with. They already have all the printers connected.

1 Like

I am seriously desperate for this. The only thing Creality has done better is the farm part of Creality Print.

1 Like

I am so happy that at least you can pick a printer when printing for history now.

But i would settle for file support for the P1Ps SD card right now. That way i could at least organise my most commonly printed files into folders.

1 Like

I have 30 bambu labs p1p. Sending print to multiple printer is now become a task. Only two options are there
1 - Remain seated on the PC and send each plate one by one to each printer.
2 - Do the same thing exporting to sd cards like the old ways.
Now with 30 printers any of the above become a task.
Love to see a feature in which I can specify on which printer particular plate goes to either send or print.
Then I can hit send and it makes a queue and start send prints one by one. So I dont have to be hooked to PC.

4 Likes

Yes, farm management is needed for the Bambu labs printers as well as Ethernet. My company would have many of BBL printers by now with Ethernet.

1 Like

I’m also waiting for software to manage printer farms.
Currently, I have several dozen Prusa printers that can be managed very conveniently. I would like to change printers from Prusa to Bambu, but the lack of software is blocking me.

There is Bambu Farm software thanks to @davglass

4 Likes

New farming software :wink:

1 Like

Agreed, I have both an Ultimaker and a Bambu printer.
Even if you only have one printer it’s still nice to be able to queue print jobs so that when you press on close after a print is done it should start the next print job.
See Utlimaker Digital Factory.

I have a fleet of 7 Bambu P1S and 4 Ultimaker S3 printers and have been using 3DPrinterOS for almost 8 months now. They have all the features mentioned above working in the cloud platform. It’s cool to have all different types of printers organized in one place. Recently, they have added a slicer for Bambu machines.

2 Likes