X1E Hotend

Since the X1E has a higher maximum hotend temperatur (320°C) than the X1C (300°C), do they use the same hotend assembly? I could not find any replacement hotends for the X1E specifically.

Kinda expecting the A1 system style hotend. Where its plug and play

According to the X1E maintenance wiki the hotend looks like the same used in a P series.

5 Likes

Hi, it’s nice that you have recognized the similarity of the hotends from the p1 and the x1e. But has anyone tryed to put a hotend from the p1 into an x1e already?
I plan on buying an BIQU Panda Revo for my x1e, but there are only the two versions for the x1 and p1 available and it’s a little expensive for experimental purposes only…
Hope you all have a great day.

Hi. It’s me again. So i have tried the P1 hotend in my X1E, seems like it’s working just fine. I don’t know how long it will last when printing with more then 300°C, but in my opinion this temperature is not needed very often, so it schould not be a proplem.
Greetings Michael.

Does anyone know if the normal bare 0.2mm X1 hot end will work in the X1E if the heater, fan, and thermistor are swapped as one would normally have to do with a bare hot end?

Complete hot ends are obviously still not available.

Yeah, this is ridiculous. I’ve had the X1E for 5 months and still no preassembled hot-ends.
As best I can tell, and based on my experiences, all of the X1/P1 hot ends work on the X1E. The only differences seem to be the thermal paste and electrical connectors.
For the heater+thermistor+fan, you’ll need to use either an original X1E parts or parts from a P1S.
For the thermal paste, you should either use the paste that comes with the X1E or some third-party high temp paste. I’m currently using Slice Engineering Boron Nitride paste with success.

Hello,

I’m new to the forum and can’t open a new topic at the moment.
I traded my old CR10 for a bambu X1E, and I’m very happy with it.

However, I’ve just broken down, and it’s probably the TH board that’s having a problem.
When I switch on the printer, the nozzle cooling fan starts up directly, and the temperature on the printer is 265°C, even though it is cold in reality. On bambu studio, the temperature is 0°C. I can’t control it anymore, there seems to be a circuit break somewhere.

I wrote to the technical support of the website where I bought it + Bambulab support. I would have liked to buy the TH card directly because I have several orders to finish but I can’t find it anywhere. This TH card has nothing in common with the X1, looks a bit like the P1 but is different.

I’m crossing my fingers that my dealer will be able to supply it to me as soon as possible.

I’m shocked that I can’t find spare parts for a printer that claims to be “professional”.

I’m beginning to regret not buying an X1C and customizing it to include a heating chamber and filtration system.

Do you have any information on bambu’s policy for this printer?

Bambu thinks that making the dealer your single point of contact for parts and support is what makes it an enterprise printer.

Yeah, there are absolutely no spare parts for the X1E’s that I can find. They really blew it on this printer. It runs great, but if it ever breaks … you’re done. All of that extra margin that I paid to MatterHackers apparently didn’t go toward any kind of support for parts.

You can’t even get a 0.2mm nozzle for it yet either.

Yes, I know, but my dealer doesn’t seem to have any spare parts, what can I do? Why a “professional” printer is more complicated to repair than an “amateur” printer. I’m really crossing my fingers that my dealer has everything I need.

Matterhackers doesn’t have any nozzles for the X1E? they’re the same as the P1P / P1S normally. I’ve had no trouble finding them at my French dealer: Atome3D

I’ll add to this we bought our X1E through Delray Systems. The rep promised they would provide hone support for it, and they have parts on hand. Luckily I haven’t needed help yet to test out, but I’m betting its going to much bettert han going through Matterhackers or similar.
FYI they also have an option to pay extra for extended warranty support. We bought an additional 2 years… man hours at work are worth way more than what they charged.

1 Like

I bought my X1E through Matterhackers and they have all the replacement parts availabe you just have to call and have the parts added to a cart for you. Its one extra step but they have been very helpful. I have a full collection of complete X1E hot ends.

1 Like

I was able to get a 0.2mm through MatterHackers a week or so ago but if they cant help you the part number is FAH016 and 3DUniverse shows them in stock. I haven’t bought from them before so can’t comment on their customer service.

I called MH, and even though they don’t list them on their site, they can apparently get them. They had none in stock at the time I called. So I flipped over to 3DUniverse, as you suggested, and they have them listed on their site and in-stock. I ordered and it’s is hopefully on its way. Thanks.

Dude, I just have the same problem, I’m from Mexico and the same thing happened to me, the printer says it’s 270 degrees, when in fact it’s cold, I haven’t been able to get the part. In my country there are two authorized distributors, one tells me that he can get it directly from Bambu Lab, but it will take me a while, and the other authorized one with whom I bought it, does not give me an answer. It’s a matter of waiting, and getting an assortment of parts. I have also tried to be able to repair the TH card without much success

I ordered the Ceramic Heater for Hotend, part no. FAH017, for my X1E. The package contains three ceramic heater assemblies labeled FOR X1E, three packages with Thermal Grease with a temperature resistance of 350 °C, and three metal clips.