How many printing hours on your X1C?

On the printer, touch the hex icon, then the general tab and finally device info. It will show the hours at the top of the screen.

2 Likes

255 hours and printing great!!

There was a bad batch of X1 MC board fans. My 2nd X1 had this issue. Got it replaced and much better. As for the chamber fan, yeah. Itā€™s crazy loud. Setting it down to 40~50% does pretty good.

Thank you very much for the information. I think it will work for more people.

Hi everyone !
New there, got my X1C on 20.07.2023 and 225+ hours print.
PLA PETG some ABS soon tpuā€¦
Got some failed due from my side near everytime. Most problem is that i try to use my old (4 5 or 6 years old) filaments.
Problem solve, i use them on bottom feeder instead of the AMS. im actually testing multi color by the bottom and it works so fine, Iā€™m running all my old filament drops for 6 years and the result is perfect. Anyway i dont know what this printer cannot print. I have tryed several difficulties prints, it did it like it was a square and most of all in sport or ludicious mode.
I love this machine. Before with my Anet A8 or Ender 3 or the last A20M i was running to see what problem there were and now with the X1C im running after my brain so much that this machine gives you confidence.
All you have to do is :

• To imagine
  • design it
  • send it to the machine
    And the machine makes all the rest and do it perfectly
    Its just an amazing sensation and so much satisfaction to have only to think of what we can print next without the worried of fail during a print of 20 hours.
    This machine is great, the only thing i hope is the update of multicolor use with AMS, too much lost, i dont do a lot for moment
    Sweet day ladies and gentlemen
2 Likes

Exactly, that is the important thing about this printer, the concern should not be to fix the printer at all times, but to design and see your ideas embodied without worrying about anything else.
Ok

1 Like

Less than 40 hours.

Started generating errors:
ā€œThe signal of the heatbed force sensor 2 is weak. The force sensor may be broken or have poor electrical connection.ā€

Bambu Lab is sending me a new cable.

After how many hours do you recommend the maintenance? And does the machine tell me when it wants me to do that? New user here, my X1C is 1 day old haha.

Welcome!!
You can check out Bambuā€™s official maintenance recommendations here. Bambu does not recommend maintenance based on hours, which is something I find curious and it bothers me as an aircraft mechanic. In aviation maintenance, we perform maintenance based on hours, cycles, and calendar time. I follow Bambus recommendations on calender time maintenance, such as the carbon filter.

I personally do the following based on hours:

• Every 100hrs: Clean and lube the z-screws/rods. Clean the carbon rods (NO LUBE). Clean camera lenses. Vacuum out under bed area. Perform general inspection of fans, mounting screws, belts etc.

• Every 200hrs: Inspect filament cutter for deformation, dullness, and damage.

This is my personal practice and is not endorsed by BBL.

1 Like

Mine requested Z axis maintenance with the update that triggers that message on first power up after the update regardless of hours and then again at 607 hours. I did once get a message about something with the Z axis, it may have mentioned binding. Turned out there was a bit of filament in one of the screw threads.

1498 hours in my X1C. Iā€™ve replaced the wiper once, and lubed the lead screws a couple times. All is good.
Now Iā€™ve had the AMS apart several times for broken filament. But if I remember to dry my filament before use that minimizes the breaking. I know some people never dry their filament, but Iā€™m in Ohio. The state flower should be mildew.

If youā€™re doing a lot of PLA, I would highly recommend the textured PEI plate. Glue is a pain to put down and clean up, the textured PEI plate works without glue, and seems more reliable. Iā€™ve only done about about 40 prints, but no failures so far.

Iā€™ve actually started using 3DLAC with the Cool Plate. Prints stick great and pop right off (using Overture Matte PLA Pro; BBL Matte PLA is a little tougher to take off). I can get about 8 prints before I clean it off and re-coat, though I could probably go longer. I tried textured PEI plate. Didnā€™t work.

Were you using the black textured plate? Many have reported the gold plate works much better.

X1C - 272 hours of printing in the first 5 weeks of ownership

1 Like

289 houres in 4 weeks. No sirius Problems.

However, the International Forum is really interesting to read. Could it be that German language problems donā€™t really reach China?

Someone reports unsolved delieverymater: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/z_JY__ZyyYw here: X/Y Lager defekt

Unknown Huge Layer attention Problems over several days by several users which was solved by Version 1.7.04.52 : Seit Tagen kein vernĆ¼nftiger Druck mehr mƶglich... X1C One printer with a longer runtime still has problems even with version 1.7.04.52

Experience with customer service of Bambulab in Europ: Erfahrungswerte mit Kundenservice - Shop-Bestellungen

1534 hours on mine so far!

1 Like

Just hit 1000 hours!!

3 Likes

418 hours and Iā€™ve only had it 4 weeks! I think Iā€™ve had 2 failed prints but both were my fault, both the printer and AMS have been absolutely flawless.

3016 hours young. I bought in Dec 2022.
Ive only had 2 issues that required warranty:

1. Control Board fan
  2. Cutter is stuck error, They are replacing my toolhead Boards. I have the V8 boards

Other than that I have been printing pretty much non stop