I suspect so because I constantly even need to block Orca from reaching out to a Bambu api URL when initially connecting to the printer. I suppose because it’s using that plugin.
There’s a reason “freedom isn’t free” exists as a saying. When you lock things down and cut allot of corners it’s easy to make things cheap/crappy. To make something everyone can participate in takes time, and money.
Honestly, i think their software is good.
Do make sure you distinguish between software and firmware. They aren’t the same thing.
Software is a collection of programs that allow users to interact with a computer and perform various tasks, while firmware is a specific type of software embedded in hardware that provides low-level control and instructions for how the device operates. Essentially, firmware acts as a bridge between the hardware and higher-level software.
Though firmware and software might look to the average individual as being the same thing, factually, they aren’t. Don’t have to trust me; go check it out by yourself.
If you live in Europe, you should report this Bambu issue to your countries competition authority. If they get enough complaints they will investigate.
has nothing to do with competition law and everything with unfair commercial/contract practices, and consumer protection against such practices.
I run bambublabs studio in a group that has no internet access due to a firewall rule, this includes spawned processes . The printer IP itself is blocked in the router.
I will use this until the Prusa One becomes widely available.
Then i will sell my bambulabs printer en say f$%^#off to them
You got the wrong printer. Prusa One is already available, I believe.
This kid is looking to get a Bambu printer. Maybe you can sell it at a good dicount or even give it to him/her. Looks like a nice kid.
Yeah, ill take it if he is selling
You’re much better off looking at your local classified listing.
No one is selling near me, like on ebay or whatever
Where are you located?
letters
somewhere, someplace, near his farm… like on eBay (or whatever) ![]()
Vermont ![]()
post needs to be 25 characters
they do

![]()
Which is still generally protected by law OUS. (Source: Commercial and Supply Chain counsel). Complain to the European, Canadian (and probably California) authorities. It will at least create “noise” for Bambu and require them to deploy legal resources to defend against such allegations. While control matters, mitigating legal costs often matters more.
US and Canada have no bearing on this matter, as legislation doesn’t provide the same (not even by far) protection to consumers like the EU does. And the matter has already been submitted (with plenty of documented proof to support the complaint) to the appropriate organizations. The procedure will indeed take some time (sadly, that’s unavoidable), but I’m confident the response will justify the wait. I’m patient as in 3 to 4 weeks I’m due a formal response. Then, based on that response, I will consider my options and decide whether will take the next step…or not. Until then, festina lente.
I agree with you. I was speaking to the broader audience as well; thus the additional geographies. Good luck!
Agree, but do we also need to run their company for them? Do you think they do not know how security works? Instead of wasting community efforts on telling BBL how to improve their printers, people should spend their efforts on community projects. Community projects benefit everyone, while detailed suggestions to BBL only benefit BBL.