We can now connect to FTP on the P1 and A1 Series

This could be a problem.

About the new firmware have too many bad feedback.
Do you run the current firmware without problems?

No issues on my 2 printers so far

1 Like

WinSCP works for me as long as I set it to passive mode with forced IP. The setting I posted above.

FileZilla in passive mode still doesn’t work.

Can you post screenshots where you made the settings in WinSCP?

This is not my subject area, so I need help.

2 Likes

Under advanced settings:

So, I get a connection, but I can’t transfer models.

At 287KB is the end.

@adriangarside
Does the connection work smoothly for you and can you transfer gcode files larger than 500kb to the printer?

@lionking80
I have exactly the same problem. Were you able to solve it in the meantime?

No. I opened an issue on GitHub. For me at ~256kb uploaded according to winscp the printer resets. Any in progress print will stop (luckily it was just the blocky benchy so nothing long or important). I moved the printer to my main subnet to test active mode. So with fileZilla it does the same at a claimed ~31kb (from memory!. With Bambu Studio I could print larger (1-2Mb) files ok. But when I tried to print a complex model (26mb) the copy progress kept stopping for long periods and eventually failed never getting close to the full 26mb. After 3 failed upload attempts of 10+ minutes each I gave up and switched back to cloud mode.

I have the same problem with upload of files over ftp. But in LAN-Mode you can upload with the ‘Send’ option in the slicer, and after print I can delete the files over ftp so I don’t have to run with the SDcard. Sadly BL did not implement the Media function on P1P.
I really would love to upload exported gcode files over ftp, so that the printer dont have to unzip the .3mf file that can take some time, but at this time I have to live with it.
I really don’t want to use the cloud after reading of all the problems that happened.

Thanks for the advice. It is working for me, I use it to download the videos / time lapses. Much better than removing the memory card…

Working Filezilla configuration :

Set yours IP and LAN code as password

NB: LAN only mode is not required on the printer

2 Likes

Thank you for this! This is a fantastic way to get time-lapses from the printer and not bother with the microSD card anymore.

1 Like

Just want to confirm that this works flawlessly!!!
Thanks for sharing!

What is the difference from the first post?

Well apparently nothing, but as some pointed that it was no more working, and I did not read carefully from the start, I just posted what was working for me (only minor difference is that you dont have to set password each time)

1 Like

Ah I thought there might be some difference I wasn’t catching (you show an additional setting but I don’t know the language).

The issues people are having is that uploading files over 250kb or so fails (and even crashes the printer). This is still an issue AFAIK, even in WinSCP and with the settings others have offered). Downloading seems okay, though.

I uploaded some megabyte big file without issues.

After a reboot the printer resets the access code, is there a way to setup up to stay with a fixed code?

Mine doesn’t, I just checked. I have a X1C running latest release firmware.

Mine P1P unfortunately does, latest Firmware.