We can now connect to FTP on the P1 and A1 Series

Bummer…
I guess X1C and P1P behave pretty differently when it comes to network connectivity.

Was this on a P1P or an X1?

That was on the X1C.

Ah this issue and thread are P1P specific. I think the X1 has had FTP for a while now and it works better.

1 Like

Didn’t catch this, sorry! Should have at least read the subject…
Stupid me… :roll_eyes:

Thanks! Worked great for me using Filezilla on my X1C. Transfers up and down.
I had to refresh and get a new password from the X1C console settings before it would allow a log in.

I know, that Transmit from Panic is working (Settings: FTP with implicit SSL) with the P1P. But CyberDuck/MountainDuck isn’t working. Which other FTP / file transfer software is working on macOS?

That’s not normal. Mine never changes.

FileZilla and WinSCP still hang/reset the printer when uploading anything more than about 250kb in size to the printer. Downloading Timelapse’s from the printer mostly works but I’ve had that hang the printer once mid print on the latest firmware. Connecting via python w/ the ftps lib was able to successfully send large files to the printer without hanging/crashing it.

Could it have to do with the IP address that the printer gets? Perhaps a fixed IP addr results in a constant password?

When using WinScp, in Session → Advanced … → Connection-> TLS/SSL, there is a option called ‘Reuse TLS/SSL Session ID for data connections’. Make sure uncheck this option.

p1p winscp

We can also use curl to upload file
curl --ftp-pasv --insecure -T file.gcode ftps://[ip]:990/ --user bblp:[access_code]

3 Likes

This seems to do the trick for me! I can upload larger files without issue this way.

Thank you. Disabling the option ‘Reuse TLS/SSL…’ works for me. Finally I can upload gcode files directly to the printer without wasting time that the printer uses to unpack .3mf files.

I’ve updated the first post to mention the issue and workaround

Bambu should just give us access to the media through the slicer.

Agreed. Presumably it’s in the works but I’ll be unhappy if it’s not.

That works for me too. I also found that the ftps lib for python worked for uploads without hanging/crashing the printer. I was wondering what the difference might be.

Upload speed isn’t stellar (getting around 150kb/s for a large file) But the unzip perf with the 3mf was pretty poor too - often about 3x the original 3mf copy time with bambu studio. So with ~5x compression on my quick test gcode file, bambu studio sending the 3mf might still come out ahead.

FileZilla on MacOS works for me.

HTH.

1 Like

Can you upload files larger than ~250kb without it failing?

Via Filezilla, yes… biggest I’ve done so far was about 3mb.