Low Ratings without description

This has been suggested here:

That’s exactly my point here! I’m more than willing to help people who have printing problem issues, I even enjoying it.

But like he said most of the time people just rate without living any useful information and don’t respond when you ask question so…

And yes it’s now mandatory to leave a comment when rating under 4 stars.

But the implementation of that rule make even more frustrating IMO. Because in the most of the user just tick a category of issue and don’t leave a comment behind it. So technically they have added a description. Like :

• “strength issue :”
  • “bed adhesion issue :”
    Or the worst IMO
    “Other issue :”
    Without any description of the issue. So this or nothing, I prefer nothing honestly ^^
1 Like

I don’t talk only about “negative” reviews here. And those info should be visible for everyone, not only for the designer.

Those are useful information for everyone to know what’s working or not.

And please those Info are not sensitive or personal at all! And nothing is forcing the users to post a rating. If they choose to do so and be rewarded for it, at least it should be useful for the community and/or improve the quality of the platform.

My print profiles for my designs usually get 5 star ratings.
If that is not the case, I would like to know what led to the devaluation in order to improve the print profile if necessary.

It would be helpful if I had the following information available:

• the printer model,
  • any changes made to my print profile, including print plate and filament,
  • changes to the users printer profile,
  • one or more photos of the print and, if applicable, application of the design.

Without the information about changes to the print profile, a non-5-star rating is practically useless because I (and other users) have no way of knowing whether my print profile was actually printed.

Some examples:

• In one of my vase mode profiles I received the response that the object was not stable enough. Luckily, in the photo of the print that was posted, it was easy to see that the user had (accidentally) reduced the width of the outer wall from 1mm to the default value (approx. 0.4mm).
  • My designs are often designed for a specific layer height to achieve optimal play with interlocking parts. If the user now sets a different layer height, it may no longer work satisfactorily.

To be faire, if they change your profile even the 5 stars review is useless.

But I get your point, and I agree on the principle. That’s why I have included Handy App or BambuStudio to the list of meta data I have subjected.

Because obviously is they are using the handy app they can’t change the printer or print settings. That would also help to identify if an issue is specific to the handy app.

And if they have changed something other than the filament, bed type, and printer (if listed in the compatible printers). They shouldn’t be allowed to publish a rating since it’s not your profile anymore.

Rather frankly, it’s my choice if I want to share all of that information, and I shouldn’t be forced to just to give a lower than 5 star review. I shouldn’t be forced to engage in troubleshooting with a designer just because they’re hurt that I gave them less than 5 stars. That information may not be as personal as my social security number, or whatever, but it’s still my choice to share, not yours. If Makerworld implemented the sort of changes you suggested, I’d wildly protest.

See, because you’re making it hostile to post less than stellar reviews. You’re signaling to the customer that if they want to say anything less than ideal that they’re going to be judged, grilled on it, made to justify themselves. It’s hostile. I shouldn’t feel anxiety about posting a negative review; I should feel free to express my thoughts, even if they’re negative, without worrying about the designer coming after me, or trying to force me into troubleshooting issues.

I don’t want to have to give all of that information even if I give a 5 star review. I might share the printer model I used, but again, that should be my choice, not yours.

I may not be the sort of person to go around giving 2 star reviews because I didn’t manage to clean my bed properly, but that still does not mean I’m okay with what you’re trying to propose.

I’ve had these annoying experiences before. Not specifically on makerworld, but having been contacted and hassled about reviews I left. Have had sellers try to take reviews down that I’ve made because they didn’t like what I had to say. You know, to have someone try to force me into a conversation to address the issues, when all I want to do is cut my losses and move on.

Makerworld already takes down reviews that are obviously user error. You can respond to reviews and ask them for more information or to clarify. They do not owe you a response, or any other information. It is their own prerogative if they want to engage you further, if they want to respond.

5 Likes

now that one is pretty funny… how can people even rate models when they dont even finish a print lol ?

2 Likes

From what I understand, it auto 3 star rates your model if there is an issue with the print and doesn’t complete. You can easily get that rating removed.

it doesnt auto rate the model… the person rates the model but cannot rate higher then 3 stars as he didnt complete the print. the issue is that makerworld rewards us for commenting and rating the models so people rate them amyways

2 Likes

I knew it was something like that.I’ve never been able to rate models. I used to think it was because I had incognito printing on, but it turns out I don’t.

Yet nothing has ever shown up in my ratings tab. I guess I’m not printing correctly or something.

But if I can produce a photo of the model I printed, I should be able to rate it.

Are you using their print profiles? Models can’t actually be rated at all, only the print profiles. I am unsure if making any changes to the profile once imported would effect your ability to rate. I would assume it would, but I very rarely print other people’s stuff so I can’t say for sure.

Most of the time I download the 3mf and make the odd change for my setup, if I’m using the original file (modified by me) I usually get the Rating option. But I’ve noticed if I download an STL or ZIP off MW there isn’t any Rating afterwards.

you actually need to click on open in bambu studio… so that it uses the cloud to read the file once its done printing :wink:

1 Like

great idea, hopefully needs to be a minimum number of words.

I just got a 3 star rating on a model with the comments ‘works’ lol.

I just received a 1-star review for a profile I made for someone else’s work to add support for A1 mini printers.

The comment was odd.

What on earth does that mean and what am I meant to do with that?

His is an extremely easy print, it has a large surface are for great contact, no overhangs that cause issue and based on the extremely well-designed Parametric Box!

Requiring photos and full description should be a minimum for a bad review.

The model Rugged Box (mini)

1 Like

Report it and move on, the best you can do.

1 Like

I can winge, winging is good. It’s what all good men do!

It is also necessary for a user to be verified and have a certain level of evaluation. I received a star on a template that about 150 people printed, no one had any problems and this new user with level 5 and who only follows my profile, releases a nice “membership card” with a star, lowering the profile average . These assessments are shameful, especially due to the poor adhesion which in 99% of cases depends on the user’s plate, otherwise how is it possible to release a file with photos of the press? Among other things, in my print profiles I always also release a photo while the printer is printing the model almost halfway through the print. These ratings should not be allowed except to serious and more experienced users, otherwise even the levels are useless, any newbie can come and give you a negative rating. Reported this user, even though I think MW doesn’t do anything. We need to eliminate this rubbish

1 Like

So you are saying that you want a system where everyone has to give a good rating?

That is not how rating systems work.

1 Like

The post title is Low Ratings without description I don’t think anyone is suggesting only positive ratings should be issued.

The whole point is, if someone provides a low rating without a description or even a photo, how can they solve the rater’s issue and fix any potential problem the creator had no idea about?

A 4 of 5-star rating without a photo and description is fine, that is a thanks. However, 3 or less in BL world actually means fault as the rating interface shows.

That same interface also prompts the user to detail the fault and select one of many buttons to make it easier to provide a description if the person rating is not sure what to write about.

1 Like