Where is the help for using the forum software?

Every link I try, such as the FAQ takes me to the Bambu Lab website with information about the products. The menu next to my profile icon has nothing about how to use the forum. This must be an over-site.

Agreed. It does not look like Bambu has authored any of their own help content for the forum, but rather lean on the built-in help bot. You can direct message or mention @discobot

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

How can I create a thread in this forum? I can only answer threads, but don’t create one.

At the top level (click the Bambu logo, top left), or at a category level, there should be a button on the right side to create a new topic:

Some features may not be immediately available to new users.

Thanks! Seems it was unvailable for me, so I wasn’t able to find the button. Even discobot was not able to understand me :sweat_smile:

FWIW, I also can not get any help from discobot. The suggested help display from discobot does not work: “An error occurred: You are not permitted to view the requested resource.”

Maybe @Ciprian has a suggestion?

Why are you not helpful to people?

1 Like

Spend almost $2000 on a printer. Can’t even make a forum post… Also they link to some generic medium post to “explain” their reasons why. So how many comments do I need to post until I can actually make a new topic.

1 Like

It’s fairly simple to advance to “Basic” user and takes about 10 minutes of reading.

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

The restriction for brand new users should be understandable as it greatly cuts down on spam bots which no one likes.

Cheers and welcome to the forum.

5 Likes

I agree. although I just found a way to at least respond to your post… But you posted so how did you manage it?

I tend to do some research before making a purchase. I think I exceeded all those forum requirements long before I even placed my order, and probably did it on my first logon.

Hi Discobot, I need to learn why I can’t create a new thread.

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: A goal is a dream with a deadline. — Napoleon Hill

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

discobot promote me so that I can create a new topic

Your at trust level 1. There are over 13k forum members at level 1.

Users at trust level 1 can…

• Use all core Discourse functions; all new user restrictions are removed
  • Send PMs
  • Upload images and attachments if enabled
  • Edit wiki posts
  • Flag posts
  • Mute other users

Have fun getting to level 3 there are only 40 members so far. :smiley:

2 Likes

And 34 of them are Bambu staff :slight_smile:

5 Likes